Re: Armstrong and Miller

cooperlola

Did anybody catch their show this week? 

There was a priceless sketch with a chap who had lived in France for a year showing his language skills off to a couple of young British tourists.  These guys must have second homes over here to have got this so bang on.Hysterical!  I've tried to find it on You-Tube but with no luck.

I also loved the guy trying to explain crazy paving to a German couple.[:D]  And the Waitrose tatoo.  I've met all these people.[:-))]

I recorded it but still haven't got my poxy server sorted so can't post a valid link on here. 

I agree Will, I reckon there's loads of mileage in him, as it were.

[quote user="Thibault"]I was intrigued by the "Who do you think you are?" programme on Armstrong who, it seems, is a direct descendant of William the Conqueror via the Beauforts.[/quote]

Just as interesting a the Boris Johnson one, he is directly related to the royal family...........

Armstrong and Boris, both nobility but which ones better? only one way to find out............Fight

[:)]

Off the original topic but...

I can trace my ancestry back to William the Conqueror (via John of Gaunt and the Nevilles) and seemingly then back to Charlemagne. However, it seems that everyone of European descent is a descendant of Charlemagne anyway!

http://blog.eogn.com/eastmans_online_genealogy/2010/03/you-are-probably-descended-from-charlemagne-and-other-royalty.html

Brian (again)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well done, Acsicsek!

Here's the LINK just to save people from cutting and pasting.

On the subject of Armstrong's ancestry, I did not see the prog' referred to but as he's from Rothbury (a place I know quite well, as it happens), I assume he's a Cragside Armstrong in that case?  Fascinating house and one of the first (if not the first) to be lit by hydro-electricity.  Anybody who's never been should take the chance to look around if they're ever in that neck of the woods.

• 1 year later...