Re: My Vision of Hell

Gardian

I was watching the Tour de France on the TV this afternoon and from a helicopter shot, saw a 'park' of literally hundreds of camper vans. [:'(]

These things are a plague that infest the roads at this time of the year: they're somehow more numerous than caravans and often move in couples.

The other thing is that most of them seem to have the word 'RAPIDO' plastered across the back of them. Need I say more???!!!!

Grumpy du Gard

I used to work for a while on the causse above the Gorges du Tarn, and have seen the chaos they can bring on the narrow winding roads in the valley.

Most of them seemed to be Dutch or Belgian, and it was rumoured that they were full  of provisions bought in cheap discount shops in the home country, avoiding the need to spend anything in the country they were clogging up ..

[quote user="NormanH"]Most of them seemed to be Dutch or Belgian, and it was rumoured that they were full  of provisions bought in cheap discount shops in the home country, avoiding the need to spend anything in the country they were clogging up ..
[/quote]

Around here, they say that the Dutch bring their own spuds down with them and then take back the peelings !!

We have dutch friends and they have never brought anything to our french house with them. The strangest was irish friends bringing a lot of wine with them. My MIL buying boxed wine on the ferry and bringing that. And the best or worst was a friend's girl friend bringing kilos and kilos of fillet steak.