Re: The songs we are singing

Frenchie

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oi leave orf, donchoo bovver wiv the Pool, git yer self darn to Margit.  Luverly cockles and whelks, cod, chips and mushy peas.  Then to foller.....jellied eels. Gord luvva duck yer can't do better me ole darlin.[;-)]  Penny for em sweetheart.  Bet chew wanna chase me up the apples and pears.

[quote user="krusty"]is bemboms still open ?[/quote]

Sadly Krust it's all vanished in a teenage memory.  I saw on the SE news the other day that the oldest roller coaster in the country was extensively damaged by fire.  It looked as if it was virtually all burnt down.  That was all that was left of Dreamland.

Bonsoir mes amies,

sorry been away so long - been writing again 4 local papers

I was walking down the road and I heard playing in a car la la la, la la la, one banana, two banana, three banana four....

that started me singing that song all day, then I got the images  in my head and now I can't lose it...

arghh

Patf .. so do I .................

How I regret not having lived there at that period..........

A tribute to the Fab Four by a French singer Marie Laforêt   " Il a neigé sur Yesterday "  ( = It snowed on Yesterday) ..

She quotes many Beatl songs in her own song..

Little game, can you tell me at least 6 songs she quotes.. Don't cheat  , no googling allowed !!!! [:D]

[quote user="Frenchie"]A tribute to the Fab Four by a French singer Marie Laforêt   " Il a neigé sur Yesterday "  ( = It snowed on Yesterday) ..

She quotes many Beatle songs in her own song..

Little game, can you tell me at least 6 songs she quotes.. Don't cheat  , no googling allowed !!!! [:D][/quote]

Yesterday

Yellow Submarine

Hey Jude

Sargent Pepper

Hello Goodbye

Penny Lane

Lady Madonna

Eleanor Rigby

Michelle

Whatever happened to Marie Laforêt anyway?

I saw her on Tv a few months ago...   " La fille aux yeux d'or ".

I don't know what she's doing now...   probably just retired..

I loved a song by her   " Cadeau " , it was about  a mum telling her child who was asking for money ( for having helped her with housechores ) that a mum does a lot for her child, and it s always free.. it was very tender and moving.. Remember it ? 

http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=ok6ZvTQspGQ