Re: The songs we are singing

Frenchie

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zombies invaded the small village of Gourin in the rural heart of France's Brittany region on Sunday as part of a global tribute to singer Michael Jackson.

Over 700 people, most of them dripping with fake blood, sporting latex scars and wearing suitably ripped clothes converged on this normally quiet French backwater's community centre to take part in "Thrill the World 2009".

At 2:30 am on the dot 71 of the macabre merrymakers took to the floor to re-interpret the famous zombie dance from the video of Jackson's 1982 monster hit 'Thriller'.

Yes, geronimo, it's my new home. Thanks !

I could not open your link ( ??)

Love it very much, it's large, there are beams and old wooden doors, stone walls and I like the way it's been renovated.

The garden is part of its attraction too.

[IMG]http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r20/regine79/Puits-1.jpg[/IMG]

I rarely post on this thread, but I wonder if any of you watched the latest batch of Transatlantic Sessions on BBC 4 over the last few weeks.  Such a collection of fine musicians and singers I haven't seen for yonks.  Bliss.  Now, I'm not a James Taylor fan although I do like his voice ("singer/songwriters" have never been my thing - a bit too navel gazing in general for my taste).  Have a listen to him singing "Belfast to Boston" with two of my favourite woman vocalists backing him up to boot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvHp-8lUQTs

[quote user="Gemonimo"]  Thanks Weedon... Any resemblence is purely  coincidental [Www][/quote]

Now I'm no expert Gem but might I suggest a little less of the blusher in future.  Nice hat though.

On a serious note.  Geronimo was a fascinating and clever leader of the Apache tribe and Once They Moved Like The Wind is a good read.

Cooperlola posted a James Taylor track.  He is one of my favourites, especially Fire and Rain