Re: The songs we are singing

Frenchie

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Helllo

I ve taken a few pics , but can't put them online, cos my puter's playing tricks... [:@]

How are you all?

I'm so busy these days, having family over , 5 people to show round the region and cook for..

( You know, meals in France....) [:)]

Do you know TRYO ?   Good for the summer IMO

TOI ET MOI

I have just managed to get a copy of The Skiffle Sessions, featuring Lonnie Donegan, Chris Barber and Van Morrison. Best track "lost John". Another new acquisition "Riding with the king" Eric Clapton & B B King. If you have a good sense of humour, try Bull Moose Jackson, "I want a bowlegged woman" or "Get off the table Mabel the two dollars is for the beer"

Weedon ,  Re: Hard Rains  gonna fall

Although I've always been a Bob Dylan fan , I think that the  Bryan Ferry version is better, seems to have more emotion and sounds more genuine talking about his son, also a much better production. Just for once, I feel Bob didn't do the song justice

[quote user="NickP"]

Weedon ,  Re: Hard Rains  gonna fall

Although I've always been a Bob Dylan fan , I think that the  Bryan Ferry version is better, seems to have more emotion and sounds more genuine talking about his son, also a much better production. Just for once, I feel Bob didn't do the song justice

[/quote]

Thing is NP I like whatever  Bob Dylan does (apart from his voice now, which sounds like Stephen Hawking after a drinking session) and I have always thought that Bryan Ferry's voice wobbles strangely.  Good job we all have different likes and dislikes, I don't actually like Marmite either[+o(] but I do like Bovril.

Been away for a few days being re-charged (metaphorically). As I trundled along in my Bob the Builders camper with, seemingly, everybody else that had one it was almost like being in a convoy. Didn't see rubber duck even though I did a one-four for a copy, but sadly no eyeball this time[:(]

Anyone heard Don Du sing?  Looked it up on You Tube with no luck.  On my travels over the last few days I saw signs that said Don Du Sang....I wonder if he is related to Don Dabby

[quote user="teapot"]

Too cerebral for me Weedon.

I prefer the simple life

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4sLwJQVNhA

[/quote]

Me too TP, but you know what they say about not knowing somebody until you walk a mile in their shoes...no not the one where you are a mile away and you have their shoes.  Try seeing life from my side of the fence when all you see are riddles.

Perhaps Clair or Frenchie know who Don Du is.

I had a dream about Paul Mc Cartney last night [:)]

I was walking down a valley to where a waterfall was, it was truely a very beautiful place, untouched by man, and there paulie was.. LOL ...

I told him I was one of his admirers, and there was a friend of mine there, who took pics of me with Paul , on my mobile phone, I was so happy about that !!

But when I came home, the pics had not been saved and there was nothing left of them on my mobile.... [:'(]

LOL

On his way back home , he wrote that for me http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNVooU82hP0

[Www]