Re: The songs we are singing

Frenchie

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL ..[:D]  Oh no, today Ill relax in the pool, not too much exercise.. I was knackered on last thursday, that s right  .. [:-))]

Sacha Distel, my mum was mad about him, .. [:)]

Another French song  ...   Kim Wilde in duet with Laurent Voulzy

She speaks correct French hey!!  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHEtTRi9xSg  "Belle ile en mer "   Lovely song

Oh surely not??  Was 90 million squillion not enough for her then?  Please tell me it's just a nasty rumour?  Incidentally I was listening to "with  a little luck" last night.  I'm not clever enough with the computer to post the link, but it's a goodie.  If you occasionally like something cheesy and heart rending you can't beat la Streisand from the film "a star is born", last track I think "with one more look at you".  Fantastic and on Youtube too.

I think you only have to be 50 now for a Saga Credit Card.......and 50 is the new 40........isn't it ?[Www][Www]???

BTW We saw the film in the cinema in Henley on Thames where an organ used to rise out of the floor be played before the main feature and in the interval.'California here I come' and 'Toot, toot, tootsie goodbye' were popular choices of the organist.

Now I REALLY feel old[:(]

Yes you do have to be 50 and I'm a way off that yet.  My partner on the other hand.......  I'm just wondering if he applies for the card and then gets one for me as a named partner....  Think that might work?

Back to the music, I remember not being able to get into Saturday Night Fever and being furious.  Baker Street coming out and David Essex being the most beautiful man ever apart from Elvis.  Going ice skating somewhere in the North East and having Gonna make you a star blaring out whilst wearing blue crimplene bell bottoms.  Being in Germany on a family holiday and seeing a headline that Elvis had died and being devastated...  I could go on for hours, but I'll spare you the horror.

Virginia if you want to know how to post a link it is really easy

at the top of the screen on the page you want to add (you-tube etc) where it says address ......http://www.....what ever

just left click on it ....it will turn blue......then press ctrl key and x key ....the text will disappear

then return to CF and hit reply as you have been doing ......type your message and on the next blank line

press ctrl key and v key ..... the link will appear then just hit post

[quote user="virginia.c"]Oh surely not??  Was 90 million squillion not enough for her then?  Please tell me it's just a nasty rumour?  Incidentally I was listening to "with  a little luck" last night.  I'm not clever enough with the computer to post the link, but it's a goodie.  If you occasionally like something cheesy and heart rending you can't beat la Streisand from the film "a star is born", last track I think "with one more look at you".  Fantastic and on Youtube too.[/quote]

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/showbiz/showbiznews.html?in_article_id=477544&in_page_id=1773

Hello Virginia!!

Well, read this .. It seems it s in the air...  Can't believe it .... 

Oh Paulie... you can't go wrong again !

For you Virginia  http://youtube.com/watch?v=W3L23h1i5Ds  [kiss] and for all my friends .

[quote user="virginia.c"]

Yes you do have to be 50 and I'm a way off that yet.  My partner on the other hand.......  I'm just wondering if he applies for the card and then gets one for me as a named partner....  Think that might work?

Back to the music, I remember not being able to get into Saturday Night Fever and being furious.  Baker Street coming out and David Essex being the most beautiful man ever apart from Elvis.  Going ice skating somewhere in the North East and having Gonna make you a star blaring out whilst wearing blue crimplene bell bottoms.  Being in Germany on a family holiday and seeing a headline that Elvis had died and being devastated...  I could go on for hours, but I'll spare you the horror.

[/quote]  Oh no, it s no horror at all, it s what this thread is all about, the music we love, the music that we associate to memories, the one that sends shivers down the spine..

Hey..... Only one thing;..  Most beautiful man ever for me is .... have a guess.. [:D]