The Lounge

Dick Smith

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Dick,

I am surprised that you have had to ask as you posted in to the thread where Forum Admin asked if people wanted this section, perhaps you didn’t understand.

“ not everyone on the forum is concerned with asking and answering questions all the time. There are obviously friends, expats etc that want to keep in touch and chat on things that are not necessarily France related.”

So we (the forum that is) had a vote on it and it’s what people wanted, sort of democracy in action as it where.

It’s a bit like the Chatterbox section of That’s France except we have moderators and a forum admin keeping an eye on things.

[quote user="Quillan"]

[quote user="Dick Smith"]Still not doing ironing, then?
[/quote]

Yep so does the wife. I don't mind the sheets but hate the shirts. Have you seen the extreme ironing website?

[/quote]

Hey Quillan, you could be onto a new business venture there......white water ironing, and all just at the bottom of your garden[6]

Does anyone actually iron sheets???????????

Actually, I do. I discovered that ironed sheets take up less space. Not so good with fitted ones, though. Did think of ironing them in situ on the mattress (was it Teamedup who introduced that idea?) but the flex wasn't long enough!

Is ironing the new democracy?

People that iron sheets clearly have too much time on their hands.  I have an ironing basket that once a week gets emptied, I decide it doesn't really need ironing but careful folding, saves on the elec too.

[:)]

Thank goodness I'm not the only one (man) that irons, got a bit worried for a minute or two.

Not a bad idea from Opas in fact my mate who's wife has just done her back in has now been introduced to the wonderful world of EI (as us profesionals like to call it) having sucessfully managed to iron seams in her nickers. We had given it some thought what with the river and the rafting. We also thought about being suspended across the gorge. I was wondering what the locals in the Palace (bar) would think if we went past doing the ironing in a rubber boat.

I have heard you can iron fitted sheets with a Polti steam machine like you do curtains, I have no idea if that is true.

[quote user="Michael"]Yep Quillans reply sums it up, hope i have not broken the rules by that remark.Michael.[/quote]

Not at all Michael.

The irony (as Dick mentioned) is that some currently banned members from this forum and some of the current members of this forum are complaining that on the forum they are now using people are posting whatever they like and where is the administrator and in particular where are the moderators. You should go and have a look. What’s even funnier is that it appears that one member who fought so hard to get another banned from this forum is chatting away to that banned member on the other forum as if they are almost best mates. It’s all rather amusing really. I was wondering if the other forum would like to hire the LF moderators to look after it for them now it’s nice and quiet here and we have a bit of spare time (in between moderating here and doing the ironing of course).

I was wondering whether there is a correlation between ironing shetts and a well-run chambre d'hote. 

As a non-ironer (my four children didn't know what an iron was until they went to the girl scouts), I don't run a B&B.

Sorry, I've blown that theory  - I don't run a B&B either!  It's probably a good job - I was reading about a certain child & the parents behaviour on another thread & would have ended up being reported to Social Services if I had got my hands on that child!!  [:-))]  (could you tell there that I don't have kids either!!)

I assumed you'd typed what you meant and it was a skillfully spelt indication of how to deal with troublesome guests.[:P]

Oh... as I sit here... just heard my first cuckoo of the year in a tree outside the window. That's late! [:D]

[quote user="Quillan"]

[quote user="Michael"]Yep Quillans reply sums it up, hope i have not broken the rules by that remark.Michael.[/quote]

Not at all Michael.

The irony (as Dick mentioned) is that some currently banned members from this forum and some of the current members of this forum are complaining that on the forum they are now using people are posting whatever they like and where is the administrator and in particular where are the moderators. You should go and have a look. What’s even funnier is that it appears that one member who fought so hard to get another banned from this forum is chatting away to that banned member on the other forum as if they are almost best mates. It’s all rather amusing really. I was wondering if the other forum would like to hire the LF moderators to look after it for them now it’s nice and quiet here and we have a bit of spare time (in between moderating here and doing the ironing of course).

[/quote]

I was curious so went to have a peep...................site is down[:D][:D]

PS quillan, how does ironing the seams in your knickers help with your mates wifes bad back, or shouldn`t I ask! Mine is killing too......and he`s only been home a week!