Fantasy beards?

SaligoBay

Sorry, it's not THAT funny, but I'm sure there are one or two of us regulars with beards, to whom this will apply.   It looks like a fantasy beard is essential for true integration. 

http://www.lemonde.fr/web/article/0,1-0@2-3238,36-777291@51-774668,0.html

"Nous, les hommes, avons cette possibilité de dessiner des inscriptions sur notre corps, éphémères, naturelles et amusantes", revendique-t-il fièrement. Les femmes n'y seraient pas insensibles. 47 % d'entre elles, selon le sondage Novatris, aimeraient que leur homme change de look régulièrement.

"We men are able to draw things on our bodies, ephemeral, natural, and amusing." [+o(]   he claims proudly.  And women notice.  47% of them, according to a Novatris poll, would like their men to have a regular re-looking.

La mode est au "gothy", une forme de barbe rase qui entoure la bouche, ainsi qu'aux moustaches très fines et aux pattes stylisées, un peu à la Bartabas."

Beards.... Urggghhhh. 

They are OK on the guys though but more of a stubble than a beard.  No we don't like all that bushiness all over the place.  Especially when food like egg and beans get caught up in it.

Please dont make me look at hairy chests either.

Too funny !   It seems that "creative shaving" has become rather the rage for men AND women.

Love the scruffy look on certain men, but don't want it brushing

against my skin.  Not that I have "certain men" brushing against

my skin !

SB, sorry but I thought you were a woman, had a bit of a shock when I read your post, visions of a mature woman with a big old beard on.

Katie, I have to say I don't like beards either, but tashes are worse, having a big old hairy caterpillar crawling across the face, sorry to those with tashes.

Dick, can we still have our date on 6th June? I've already chosen my outfit. 

When we first visited France I noticed that most men of " a certain

age" had a droopy moustache. Nowadays don't see so many. Another point:

a beard can hide a double chin/slack neck  also lines on the

cheeks so as long as it's not grey or white can make a man look more

youthful.  Husband has had one for years  and doesn'tlook a

day over 21. Pat.

[quote user="Dotty Trois"]

SB, sorry but I thought you were a woman, had a bit of a shock when I read your post, visions of a mature woman with a big old beard on.

[/quote]

Yeah, that's me!   Nah, I just didn't want anyone to feel singled out, you know?   I wouldn't like to be accused of beardist behaviour.

As Dick is the only one who is confessing to having a beard, maybe we should choose an appropriate artistic beard-trim for him.   In the interest of his integration in France, you understand.   Then Mrs Smith can get the raspberry hair dye, et voilà, zey will be 100% Frrrrrench. 

I think we need Chris, he of the chainsaw carving skills.   Chris, how adaptable are you?   Actually, on second thoughts, I've just remembered the last thing Chris carved.   Maybe not!  [:D]

Yes SB Chris could carve a big one on Mr Smiths belly.  Can you imagine him strutting his stuff on Brighton Beach? Rolled up trousers, knotted hankie and a wonderful creation from the chainsaw lunatic.  Could make front page of the sun with the beach babes next time we hit 90 degrees.

BTW SB, your beard was nicely trimmed when I saw you in Tesco.

Try this:

http://www.thefantasygirl.com/cosmetics/beardcover.shtml

I'm not sure that would work on me.

There's a shop I've seen that sells false beards for the lady partners of other ladies who prefer their lady partners facially hirsute. A bit odd, gave me a headache trying to work it all out.

IMPORTANT EDIT - I have just looked into other parts of that website, and they are definitely not 'work friendly' or suitable for children, so beware!

[quote user="Dick Smith"]Sorry. I have nothing in common with him at all.
[/quote]

How would you know, Have you ever met?

It probably stops at body hair[;-)]

Just had a vision of Dick dodging detention and nipping in Boots for Veet[Www]

Oh Cat, I thought I had heard everything - or nearly, but that was a

new one for me.  The original use sounds gross !!  The modern

use strikes me as funny since all I ever hear is how everyone is

getting rid of body hair - everywhere.

The make-up website was odd too.  I'm not sure I got it.  You

put the stuff on to create a beard or to 'enhance' a beard???  I'm

totally lost now.

[quote user="Lori"]
The make-up website was odd too.  I'm not sure I got it.  You put the stuff on to create a beard or to 'enhance' a beard???  I'm totally lost now.

[/quote]

No Lori, the make-up (in fact the whole site) is for men that want to look like ladies. The make-up is supposed to disguise or hide the facial bristles.

You put it on to hide a beard, assuming that you are a bloke and you want to pass yourself of as a woman. Yeah, right, that works, doesn't it!

Hence also the false women's rude bits that you can use to cover up real mens' rude bits (really had to think about the apostrophe there). It's all just too complicated, I'm afraid.