Immos nil - Leboncoin 1

Shook hands with a buyer for our house today.

Been on since May with a selection of Immos but apart from a couple of viewings early on zilch.

Advertised it ourselves on Leboncoin on Sunday, three immediate viewings and a buyer in 4 days!

Immos are all FLUB's

La bouche à l'oreille is finally working well for me, I wanted to remain with monthly rentals until April/May, the German company with Polish workers who were supposed to return on Jan 7th must have taken the hint regarding their late payments and they didnt show up,  nightly rentals freplaced the loss and considerably more during the last 2 weeks, during that time I had a constant stream of demandeurs from the far corners of France, the 2 flats are now relet for 3 and 6 months respectively from the end of January and I had to turn away 3 other decent candidates.

I wish, we haven't even broke even but then we have enjoyed it as our home for 11 years and spent very little on it in that time. If we were going back (which we're not) and converting the proceeds to £ we would be making a modest profit.

Thing is all the FLUB's say that they put their properties up on Leboncoin and Greenacres but don't tell you that it's only for a limited period.

Truth be told though the time lost since May has not been such a bad thing as it's only during this past couple of months that I've got completely on top my health issues so a quick sale back then could have been pretty stressful.

Local french buyers BTW.

Good question !

We decided a couple of years ago to have a complete change and relocate to Spain but then health problems interrupted, and of course Brexit, so despite our recently acquired Titre de Sejour's a wholesale decamp to Spain without knowing what B day might bring would seem a bit rash so we're probably going to rent in France for a while but spend a lot more time in Spain hopefully getting a better handle on the way the wind is really blowing there.

It's all a bit fraught really and so unnecessary thanks to the feckin stupid brexiteers [:@]

[quote user="AnOther"]It's all a bit fraught really and so unnecessary thanks to the feckin stupid brexiteers [:@]

[/quote]

They seem to forget 16M plus people voted to remain. I don't think the British should hold referendums or have much of a say except through voting for an MP. I mean prior to the referendum they were given the opportunity to decide a ships name and the best they could come up with was Boaty McBoatface, says it all really. They then wonder why in their negotiations with the EU they are not taken seriously.

It was the public kickback against the establishment and quite funny as no doubt some rear admiral Lord or Sir someone or other would had to hold the ceremony [:D]

It was I believe actually called the Sir David Attenborough which is fitting.

If the Pathetic government and other political parties equally pathetic could have actually put forward a decent case for rejecting Brexit we would not be where we are now.

No faith in any of them. always a knee jerk reaction to every given issue and everything with hindsight because of a fundamental lack of knowledge that is required to have foresight.

Saturday rant over [:)]

I think, Cathar, that you've got a very old head on very young shoulders, and I'm exactly the opposite.

Are you aware of exactly how many people even gave enough of a **** to even vote for the name of that exploration vessel? I'm not fully convinced that they would necessarily be a test sample upon which one could base the concept that the population shouldn't be allowed to vote for anything! And I have a strong, totally unsupported suspicion that the majority of them were most probably closer to your age group than mine, and largely pro-remain.....

Well Betty you might be wrong. Doncaster bought two new gritting lorries last November. The council asked the local populous to give them names. At the end of the first round of voting they narrowed it down to a choice of two names each,Spready Mercury and Gritsy Bitsy Teeny Weeny Yellow Anti-slip Machiney and Basil Salty and David Plowie. The winners were Gritsy Bitsy Teeny Weeny Yellow Anti-slip Machiney and David Plowie.

In the first round they came up with little gems like Spready Mercury, Grit Van Dyke, True Grit, Rule Grittania and Salt Disney.

They go to join the other five lorries bought and named at the beginning of the year named Brad Grit, Gritney Spears, The Subzero Hero, Mr Plow and Usain Salt.

I suspect you might guess what's coming, Doncaster voted Leave. I rest my case (wink).

[quote user="alittlebitfrench"]I've lost the plot on this thread. Are we now blaming crâpy French immobiliers for Brexit ? We are really running out of people to blame.[/quote]

I now realise that there is something even worse than a bad loser.

A bad loser still whining 18 months later.

[quote user="Chancer"]

[quote user="alittlebitfrench"]I've lost the plot on this thread. Are we now blaming crâpy French immobiliers for Brexit ? We are really running out of people to blame.[/quote]

I now realise that there is something even worse than a bad loser.

A bad loser still whining 18 months later.

[/quote]

What’s ALBF lost?

[quote user="nomoss"][quote user="AnOther"]

We decided a couple of years ago to have a complete change and relocate to Spain

[/quote]

You should definitely be able to look forward to a complete change etc..................[/quote]Well there's bitter and twisted !

Of course I'm sure nothing will have changed in the 18 years since you left, just as it hasn't in France in the same time period !

We have a number of friends living down there both long term and recent none of whom have reported any such experiences plus I will not be importing or exporting cars nor be a beneficiary of any Spanish pensions or even any Spanish derived income and if things go as we want it's very probable that we won't be buying into bricks an mortar either so while I thank you for the concern I'll take my chances [:P]