What do you keep in your handbag?!!

ali-cat

In my case - Mice!!

I came into the lounge, yesterady morning, to find Penny attacking my bag.  Nothing too unusual in that as she normally has her "funny ½ hour" about that time, every day.  A few moments later a little head appeared out of my bag, had a look around & disapeared back in, again.

Thank God I noticed it, as I was about to go to the Tabac - & I don't think they would have accecped my little furry companion as legal tender for my rollies!!  [:-))]

Ali,

A few years ago (back in UK) the cats bought a mouse in the house but managed to loose it somewhere in the kitchen. I assumed it was hiding behind something. Next morning OH takes his jacket from the back of the chair and goes to work. Mid morning he goes outside for a ciggy break (leaving coat on the back of the chair)and returns back into the office to find everyone laughing. The mouse had been hiding in his coat pocket all that time and nipped out and sat on the back of his chair!

I reckon the cats put it in there for a laugh!!

Good job I got a new handbag from Santa this year.........when we are out en famile now it has to hold 2 mobile phones(none of which are mine) my purse and youngests too!  Hubbies wallet on occasions . 2 digital cameras, diary andy and address book and the newest edition is the car radio in its case! Not forgeting spare car key, chewy, tissues and various other necessities  such as a tape measure and a stick of glue[8-)]

What do you keep in your 'bum-bag', there being no pockets in my leathers,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,[:)]

Phone     

Camera                               

Spare ear-plugs

Rennies                                

Paracetimol

Visor cleaning tissue               

Carte Grise/Assurance

Not just earplugs (I can't sleep without earplugs and eyemask) - why big wuss?[:P]

but also

bottled water,

swiss army knife with scissor, saw, and other crucial functions....[:D]

Rescue remedy and the rest of the "ermergency bundle",

lipsalve

tissues

hairbrush + toothbrush + toothpicks

I managed without a handbag for a while, after I had mine stolen. So much worry and hassle with cheque book and cards being used by the thief for weeks. I even did without cards for a while. I used to carry money, keys etc in skirt or trouser pockets, under a coat, or had a purse on a belt under my clothes. Now I have a bag again but carry only the minimum, and still use the purse on a belt if I go into a town or city. Pat.

Me 86 year old aunty Etty always carries a pregnancy tester with her in her handbag! Her son (me cousin Michael) told her it was a toothbrush "shur there are no bristles on it" she said to Michael "it's for gummy owl women, so you don't need any bristles on it ya big thick ejit" he said to her. Poor aunty Etty said "well bejazus I better have one of them lads then" Father McDermot very near had a cornea when he saw her take it out one sunday when she was rooting round her bag looking for a few bob to give him towards her trip to Lourdes "will ya hold that for me for a minute there Father  till I see if I have anton more tosswards me trip"  she said as she emptied out her bag looking for her few shillins. She could never say towards, and always said tosswards!

[kiss]

[quote user="opas"]Good job I got a new handbag from Santa this year.........when we are out en famile now it has to hold 2 mobile phones(none of which are mine) my purse and youngests too!  Hubbies wallet on occasions . 2 digital cameras, diary andy and address book and the newest edition is the car radio in its case! Not forgeting spare car key, chewy, tissues and various other necessities  such as a tape measure and a stick of glue[8-)][/quote]

Reading this it suddenly occured to me that our hubbies/partners/kids treat us like pack horses!!  I also carry Mark's ciggies, lighter, money etc.  No wonder my back's bad, carting all his stuff around.  I think a "man-bag" could be his next Birthday pressie - & he won't be happy!!  [:-))]