Please help to find people

Jantar

Dear anybody,

please help me to find out the "sender" of the baloon probably released on Saturday 16.6.2007 from somewhere inside France. Next day - 17.6. we found this ballon at our place -Hronov/Czech Republic, very near to Polish Border.

The baloon was probably released due to a marriage of some people - I know only names - Marie and Jérôme (from the attached paper heart). I wonder how many people of specific names can have a marriage in one day. I am trying to push Mr. Google, but can not find anything. Of course French is a big trouble for me. Can somebody help to "hunt" these people?

Thanks a lot,

Martin Suchanek, Czech Republic

My guess is that if they wanted contacting about the balloon, they would have left a contact number along their names.  You appear to want to go to a lot of trouble to contact  someone you don't actually know, all so you can say, "Hi, i found your balloon"........

Hi Martin, and a warm welcome to the forum.
I think it is nice that you have taken the trouble to join the Living France forum
in an effort to add something to this young couple's special day .

The fact that you are a complete stranger,living in a differrent Country/culture
makes this story interesting and , I am sure others will enjoy reading it!

Kind regards,

Leo

Hi Leo and all,

I suppose that this forum is for French people (or am I mistaken?). So I live in a diferrent country, but I do not think we have a diferrent culture.......I may can agree that if  I want somebody to contact me via baloon I would write down some address. But I think that these people would be grateful if they know that the baloon made such a journey. Second intention is to test the power of the internet - if such a "hunt" is possible. And last - I think that these baloons are released in some special way - imagine: if I release standard baloon it will climb up to several kilometers, reaches low pressure, increase its size to maximum and than brokes. This one did not brake.

I tried to search throug the internet, found eg. www.notre-blog.com, but I do not know French to be able to search through fr pages.

Martin 

Sorry can't help to find the married couple who released the balloon but I have a story too. There's a charity raising weekend in Europe called Telethon and in many places children send off balloons as part of the promotion. A few years ago I found a balloon in our field in SW France soon after the Telethon weekend. It had come all the way from a town in N. Italy so must have flown over the Alps, (?) or across the sea. The address was still attached so I wrote to the sender, a 9 year old girl. She wrote back and was excited that her balloon had gone so far. Good luck - Pat.

Hey Martin,

That is such a nice thought! Sounds like an interesting challenge..........i bet they'd be so pleased someone so far away that they have never met is going to such trouble.

Any more info?? How do you know it came from France?

Good luck!!

[quote user="Meg and Mog and dog"]

[/quote]

Suppose that made photos cannot be attached.

1.There are words on balloon - "Vive Les Mariés" - must be original French.

2.Attached paper hear shows words "Marie" and "Jérôme" - should be French, esp. the letter  "ô".

3. Date of release is 16.6., I foud it next day morning. There was a strong wind from southwest at that days.

Martin

[quote user="Jantar"]

[quote user="Meg and Mog and dog"]

[/quote]

Suppose that made photos cannot be attached.

1.There are words on balloon - "Vive Les Mariés" - must be original French.

2.Attached paper hear shows words "Marie" and "Jérôme" - should be French, esp. the letter  "ô".

3. Date of release is 16.6., I foud it next day morning. There was a strong wind from southwest at that days.

Martin

[/quote]

Call me cynical, but cannot help thinking that some of your spelling mistakes are somewhat deliberate in an attempt to get us to believe you are foreign (to france). Your great with words like 'suppose', 'attached', 'original', 'released', etc, and yet struggle on 'foud (found) and other minor slip-ups throughout your posts :-)).  Even the grammatical structure slips seem somewhat contrived..maybe it's me, or that time of the day...

I am sorry,

i can hardly understand your words. Of course - I make many gramatical mistakes - long time from school. "fond" it typical product of this era - always when using "electronical text" I do not check it properly (looking to the keyboard)........

OK, I only wanted somebody who speaks French to search through French internet to try to find these people - never mind, I will try another way.....

Martin 

[quote user="Chief"]

Call me cynical, but cannot help thinking that some of your spelling mistakes are somewhat deliberate in an attempt to get us to believe you are foreign (to france). Your great with words like 'suppose', 'attached', 'original', 'released', etc, and yet struggle on 'foud (found) and other minor slip-ups throughout your posts :-)).  Even the grammatical structure slips seem somewhat contrived..maybe it's me, or that time of the day...

[/quote]

Thank god I'm not the only cynic around here[Www]

I wanted to post about this when it was first posted but decided to keep my head down

Chipie

Dear all,

I feel I do not understand your English very well. I thought i discuss with people living in France, but your English is very good, so I suppose you all are native English speakers.

What I can do? Can I post the photos? Shall I say something in my language? What about "Vítejte v České Republice?". And what about the letter "ř", which can be hardly pronunciated by most of the nations and we used it in WWII to recognize FRIEND or FOE?

Do I understand correctly that you think I make you fools? Why? I should study for what people is this server................

Maybe I can try to contact some journalist, but somebody in this thread already said (my words) "Who cares for such a stupid story about balloon?" .......................

[quote user="Meg and Mog and dog"]Ohhhhhh no fair......i wanted it to be a true story!! [:(]

Post a photo of it Martin!  [:)]
[/quote]

Simple question: where is a dialogue to attach the files?

Martin

I hope this is a true story 'cos' I've been through about 20 Jerome & Marie Are Getting Married blogs since Monday! 

God people must be bored to make blogs about their blinking wedding - wait until they have their first born -  then they won't even have the energy to tie their shoelaces!

Mind you - saying that,  my daughter set off my brothers wedding balloon in Cambridgeshire two years ago with our French address attatched and we recieved a letter - plus the folded balloon from a lady who found it in her garden.  We corresponded and discovered that her sons name is the same as my husbands. 

She also sent one off for Telethon day here in France this February and a lady found it in her garden just a few miles down the road and sent a letter to her school.  She was delighted.

These balloons are like the old message in a bottle and are sure to fascinate.

I'm TWINKLE really. 

Sorry Jantar to add to the confusion but I'm just in from work and I'm unwinding with a large glass of something.  I'm normally a fairy with a flute in my mouth but I couldn't log on as usual so I'm TwInKle instead.[:)]

Maybe we can all let off our own balloons? And write our forum name and the forum web address on them! Then when someone finds one they will post it on here! Maybe they could even be official LF logo balloons (they could issue out them to all forum members.........) and...........and.........and............

[quote user="Meg and Mog and dog"]Maybe we can all let off our own balloons? And write our forum name and the forum web address on them! Then when someone finds one they will post it on here! Maybe they could even be official LF logo balloons (they could issue out them to all forum members.........) and...........and.........and............

[/quote]

You really should be thinking about having kids Meg!