How to get 1000 postings?

Kitty

[quote user="Tony F Dordogne"]

One way is to have been a member since the Forum - in every one of it's formats - started.  If some of us who have been around for ever had all the messages we've posted added up, it would run into the several thousand.

.[/quote]That's correct Tony.

I haven't been around forever, but I've been around for almost exactly a year longer than the join date under my name.

A lot of us have the same join date and it is incorrect. I also kept all my posts when software changeovers happened.

I don't talk that much. Honest.[;-)]

[quote user="Cathy"]

How on earth do you guys in the "1000 Club" do it?  You must be on the Forum morning, noon and night.

[/quote]

For me it was/is being unable to work for 6 months following a succession of operations and having time on my hands, for others perhaps it is retirement or early retirement.

This is my first log in for a few days and I dont appear to have missed much, maybe a few trolls with new user ID,s but not much else.

• 1 month later...

Well the coutdown is now on.  I asked way back in December how on earth can you get to 1000 and here I am, up to 990.  991 with this post.  I'll have a break for a wee drinkee and then come back to see if I can get to 1000 by midnight...

1000 Club, here I come...

About to clock up 992 and I now have a glass of Old Nick and coca cola in my hand.  Has anyone smelt 'Old Nick' white rhum?  You have to have a peg on your nose when you drink it.  But where is everyone tonight to help me get up to 1000?

I'm about to join the 1000 Club.  But there's no one on the Forum now to celebrate with.  Well, Furry Knickers is on but I've just discovered that he's a man.  And I need Frenchie and Rose and GG and Twinkle and Just Katie (who was on earlier) and Sweet 17 and us girls who rule this Forum with a will of iron and the occasional intervention by Bug bear or Wooly or Renaud, who can be honorary ladies sometimes.

I just had to post my 1000th posting on this thread.  What happens to me now?  Do I get an honour from one of the Mods?  1000 postings and only told off a teensy weeny bit - and that was only when I hijacked a thread with one of the aforesaid posters.

Are 1000 posters awarded the status of prefect?  Now that would be fun.  Or I could be like the Speaker of the House of Commons and keep order.

JUST KATIE - I SEE YOU ARE HERE!  THE DRINKS ARE ON ME!