The Bickering Thread

TWINKLE

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shut up Sweets!

I can in fact: in me prime being rather ambidextrous, I could unscrew one nut with one hand and a spanner and screw up another with the other hand and another spanner, so there.

As well as humming Dixie and making up rude epigrams.

Yar boo sucks to you! [:P][:D]

Gluey, strange thing is the OH, who is a dead mad keen table tennis player, is also ambidextrous, but only whilst playing ping pong.  For example, in a doubles game, he can swap his bat over and hit the ball even if his partner is "in his way".  It has never been a point of admiration for his opponents, however!

Pity, he's nowhere near ambidextrous when there's the washing up to be done.  In fact, I think that on occasion, he only has the use of one hand.

As for Steve, despite all this power he is reputed to have, it's obvious to me from the start that he is one of these men who can't walk and chew gum at the same time.  Still, as they say, some mothers do have them!

Steve, when's you's gonna come over to France to escape from that life of hedonism that you lead in UAE and which, by your own account, is such hell?

Over here, we have grass that grows without being artificially induced to do so and we have to cut said grass.

Plus, we don't have those fancy swimming pools you have over there; all mosaic tiles and "infinity" option.  Here we have your genuine working models, bought from Leroy Merlin, complete with plastic moulded shape, Roman steps and "poolhouse" which lives in a hole in the ground next to the pool.

Luxury, we have our own version of luxury here, I'll have you know!

You really want to know about Mansized multi-tasking.......

I can:-

Read,

Drink,

Smoke,

Listen to music,

Sing along to the music,

Tap my feet to the music,

Stroke the cat

ALL AT THE SAME TIME. Now thats multi-tasking.

edit:   Grass cutting, I have a gardener here who does that and a Wife in France who does it there  [:P]

[quote user="powerdesal"][quote user="sweet 17"]That's the trouble with you men; just can't multi-task, can you?[:P][/quote]

This multi-tasking lark is a female generated urban myth.

Sequential tasks, each done perfectly.    Simultaneous tasks each done less than well.
[/quote]

Yeah yeah yeah .... [:)]

Just like when HE tries to do something in the kitchen and talk to me on the phone same time and says " You 're very quiet darling .. Opps sorry, I had the phone upside down.................."

[Www][:D][Www]

GIRLS RULE !!

Steady on, there!

She said he was "doing something in the kitchen".  Nothing, as far as I can read, about burning the bread, brown or otherwise.

It's my OH who manages to burn the toast, despite our having a pop-up toaster!  But that is another story and I don't think I'll go there today.

When you've stopped swanning aroung the UK, France and the USA, perhaps we'll get you in one place long enough to try out some of that solvent I was preparing for you![:P]

Most are at present: I'm finalising various corporate accounts and computing the Corporation Tax and backwards and forwards to HM IRC's site doing all the tax planning and shelters.

Now if that's not guaranteed to send one off to the land of Nod....................

[:-))]

Being driven ever more rapidly towards insanity......................

Each and every time Government fiddle bum around with fiscal matters in a Finance Act we all have to bone up on the changes.

Case of having to, 'cos the poor old tax inspectors have had so many extra duties and changes they are all at sea.

Sadly, it's too late, Sweets.

A chum of mine at the business school for which I was an External Examiner and Moderator, used to set some of CIPFA's exam questions.

We often used to have a larf over a coffee about the templates he was given.

But then he was an FCCA and came from the real world like me.

And my mate at our local authority (quite a big one and she was Chief Accountant) is a CIMA grad: and only employs CIMA members.

Biased?

Not arf!