The Bickering Thread

TWINKLE

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="Gluestick"][quote user="sweet 17"]

Come out and play, or even fight, but don't be mean and keep it all to yourselves, hein?

[/quote]

No probs, Sweets.

Wot yer wanna fight about?

[blink]

[/quote]

See!

These girlies! All talk and no do!

Where yer been Sweets?

[:'(]

[quote user="powerdesal"]Nice water lillies Cass, but I would need serious persuasion before I drank that water [+o(]
[/quote]

Would holding your head under the water for, say, 5 minutes be enough persuasion for you to drink some of that water?[6]

[quote user="Gluestick"][quote user="Gluestick"][quote user="sweet 17"]

Come out and play, or even fight, but don't be mean and keep it all to yourselves, hein?

[/quote]

No probs, Sweets.

[blink]

[/quote]

See!

Where yer been Sweets?

[/quote]

'Ere watchit, Pritt Stick!  There's no way to speak to your betters, now is it?  Where I bin?  What d'ya think, preparing a solvent with which to dissolve you in, Gluey!

[quote user="sweet 17"][quote user="Gluestick"][quote user="Gluestick"][quote user="sweet 17"]

[/quote]

No probs, Sweets.

[blink]

[/quote]

See!

Where yer been Sweets?

[/quote]

'Ere watchit, Pritt Stick!  There's no way to speak to your betters, now is it?  Where I bin?  What d'ya think, preparing a solvent with which to dissolve you in, Gluey!

[/quote]

Ha!

The solvent aint yet been made which dissolves Gluesticks!

[quote user="sweet 17"]

For your information, I'm working hard on it and success is only a matter of time......................[geek]

[/quote]

First, you have to find some Kryptonite: the only thing which works is KryptonoBi-MetaSulphatedOrganoChloroBionicalJungleJuice, Mate!

[:P]

Oh, I knew about that stuff, bah!  Works too quickly, dissolves gluesticks and Pritt Sticks on impact.

What I'm working on is a slow (very slow) acting solvent that enables you to see gluesticks gradually melting, changing colour and form, consistency, viscosity, transparency until eventually the glue or Pritt sticks disappear into nothing but a tiny blob of indefinable shape and colour.

Look, if you don't shut it, I'll come and try the prototype gluestick solvent on you straightaway, even if I have to cross the channel to do so.

As for Steve Powerdesal, where's he gone?  Do you think they managed to hold his head under the water sufficiently so that Powerdesal is now just plain Desal, having lost all his power? Hah!

[quote user="sweet 17"]

As for Steve Powerdesal, where's he gone?  Do you think they managed to hold his head under the water sufficiently so that Powerdesal is now just plain Desal, having lost all his power? Hah!

[/quote]

Some of us have work for a living, do you remember "work" its that four letter word for the curse of the drinking classes.

Lose my "POWER", dream on.

That's right, Gluey, you tell that power-hungry what's his name that we won't have his 4-letter words on here.

Anyway, work!  What's he know about that, pray?  We know what they do in them Middle Eastern countries.  Walk about looking purposeful in their spivvy suits and sunglasses, stay in luxury hotels, earn a bundle and pay virtually no tax, drive around in bloody great big diesel-guzzling 4 x 4s, then they come to France and complain about all the sunshine they get in UAE.  Oh, yes, nice work, if you can get it.

[quote user="sweet 17"]

That's right, Gluey, you tell that power-hungry what's his name that we won't have his 4-letter words on here.

Anyway, work!  What's he know about that, pray?  We know what they do in them Middle Eastern countries.  Walk about looking purposeful in their spivvy suits and sunglasses, stay in luxury hotels, earn a bundle and pay virtually no tax, drive around in bloody great big diesel-guzzling 4 x 4s, then they come to France and complain about all the sunshine they get in UAE.  Oh, yes, nice work, if you can get it.

[/quote]

Yes

But he has got it.[:)]

He as.[:D]

Very true, can't be denied.  But, does he have to crow about it?  Especially all that stuff about being bored with having sunshine everyday?  I mean, it's not exactly a friendly thing to say is it?  Especially as some of us here have been having continuous rain for weeks on end?

[quote user="sweet 17"]

Very true, can't be denied.  But, does he have to crow about it?  Especially all that stuff about being bored with having sunshine everyday?  I mean, it's not exactly a friendly thing to say is it?  Especially as some of us here have been having continuous rain for weeks on end?

[/quote]

Yes you could be right.

But as he keeps telling us [:(]

,                                                                      He has to make his water,

It not fall from heaven[:D]

[quote user="sweet 17"]

[/quote]

Sweet, you made my morning. I fell off my chair laughing at that post, I still am laughing. What a sense of humour. [:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

Spivvy suit

Luxury hotels

Earn a bundle

vitually no tax  ( not virtually, there is no tax)

Diesel guzzling 4x4, (98 octane petrol)

I wish.....[:P]

Ah well, another week end off, what shall I do today......

Wind surfing....nah, cant be bothered.

Scuba diving.....nah, the sea is too warm....

5  star hotel for brunch.....nah, too much choice.....

laze by the pool.....maybe, but it is a 10m walk from the house, ands its not shaded.....

beat the staff for not cleaning the 4 x 4 properly....nah, dont have the energy.....

I know, I'll sit in front of the computer and try to wind Sweet up a bit more...........[:P]

edit:  I could sit here counting money, but dont you just hate these big numbers......

Steve, why don't you take a drive into the desert for one of these "desert safaries" that I hear so much about?  You could take the gas-guzzling 4 X 4 with the blackened windows; it would be nice to have all that desert to yourself.

Then, you could barbeque that newt or whatever it is that you took a picture of from inside your car.  Plus, I am sure the serving-man could prepare for you the local delicacy.  What is it, camel testicle kebabs?

But, go easy on the mint tea, old boy, I have read somewhere that it acts just like the bromide they used to put in soldiers' tea!

Or of course, you could bang on the door of the palace and ask His Excellency Dr. Sheikh Sultan Bin Mohammed Al Qassimi if you could borrow a few of his hawks for the day and shoot off out into the desert and see what you can catch for the pot. Who knows, he might even send his Falcon master to keep you company.

Endless life of leisure for an Ex Pat out there..........................

[quote user="powerdesal"]As you must know Gluey, endless leisure palls after a while, no stress, no worries, no decisions to make ...its hell I tell you.
[/quote]

Yes I do know: anyway, can't stop chatting here all day with the leisure classes, I'v a  complex Excel workbook to finish tonight before I am allowed to knock off!

The boss, AKA Mrs Gluey will be on my case big time when she gets back from the City!

It's hell here to, you know.

[:D]