I'm not sure if this is....................

Bugsy

..............good news or bad but there is a new fast-food outlet being finished in the grounds of Auchan in Poitiers............KFC.....[8-|]

Now I'm in no way a fast food fan, just an occasional burger (Macdonalds do make excellent coffee) when travelling about, but I do like Kentucky Fried Chicken.

I'm with BB on this one, I do like a good KFC. It depends very much on the Franchisee as to the quality of the KFC, fortunately we had one of the best in Kent near us in the UK , but nearest one is now Nimes it seems.  As for fast food being undesirable, would you shut down all the Pizza joints in France then Ern?  Just as "non-French" and equally not good for the waistline, although with our local van, its not exactly fast!![:D]

I am not a lover of  McDonalds and I do not like Pizzas at all but I must admit I am partial to a KFC now and again. We noticed last week when we were at Auchan that some nice eating places have been built and also Flunch is very good value inside the shopping area there so spoilt for choice. What we have noticed on the rare occasion we used McDonalds that unlike UK it was almost empty so maybe the younger generation still prefer a nice lunch in a cafe.

Colonel Sanders made his money not from the 'Secret mix of herbs and spices' but he devised and patented  a method of pressure cooking with oil so the Crow, sorry, chicken cooks very quickly and every cell in the 'meat' is completely saturated with fat.

You know what Colonel Sanders last words were?

'So that's what it tastes like'

[quote user="valB"] What we have noticed on the rare occasion we used McDonalds that unlike UK it was almost empty so maybe the younger generation still prefer a nice lunch in a cafe.[/quote]

Unfortunately not, but I think it is up to the parents to warn their kids about the side effects of an abuse of such food..

For instance, with my son , I have a rule , Ok for Mc Donald's ( which he loves to no end like most of his mates ); but ONCE a month.

Then it s a real treat for him, and if I forget he says " hey mum, we' ve not been to MD  this month yet ... "  [Www][:)]

We have our meal while chatting and it s a pleasant moment for both of us.