No sense of humour or just Grumpy Old Git?

Benjamin

Sometimes though one gets little moments of sunshine to cheer one up. On Monday did a trip down to 39 Avenue de Paris, Niort to chin-wag about tiles, natural hydraulic lime and other facets of traditional architecture. Rivetting stuff. Then popped over to Car4 to check out the sales... €199 and full happiness is a Medion "akoya" E1210 Netbook.  He is so beautiful!![:)]

[quote user="pachapapa"]Sometimes though one gets little moments of sunshine to cheer one up. On Monday did a trip down to 39 Avenue de Paris, Niort to chin-wag about tiles, natural hydraulic lime and other facets of traditional architecture. Rivetting stuff. Then popped over to Car4 to check out the sales... €199 and full happiness is a Medion "akoya" E1210 Netbook.  He is so beautiful!![:)][/quote]

I think we are suffering from cabin fever.

I need some new carpet slippers, more St. Bruno and a selection of clay pipes.

Blue clay is interesting stuff. You cannot build dams without it.

Big incident in our hamlet a garden wall fell down and the owner put a red pair of underpants on a stick to warn the odd car on the way to the pigeon killing site.

[quote user="Benjamin"]It may just be me but does anyone else feel that there's a sort of toilet or naughty school boy sense of humout insidiously creeping onto the forum?

[/quote]

YES..................................and long may it last....................

[quote user="Weedon"]

I quite often find myself having a giggle whenever I see estate agents boards saying TO LET. I can't help myself.

Edited

I hope the person who put the red pants on a stick rounded off the end as you could have somebody's eye out.

[/quote]

I see what you mean.

[quote user="Benjamin"]It may just be me but does anyone else feel that there's a sort of toilet or naughty school boy sense of humout insidiously creeping onto the forum?

[/quote]

I don't think so - I'll think you'll find just the ususal, bog standard responses.

The TO LET sign. Ever since I was a child, I had thought it was just me.

Benjamin, I have noticed this too. I don't think that you're lacking a SOH or grumpy. Rather, it may be the time of year, that not everyone has a copy of Amelie Poulain to see them through the dark months and also that we enjoy different scents of humour.

I'm a sucker for homophones. [:)]

[/quote]

No, its not just you B, but you have to remember that many on here get completely flushtered at this time of year. Many carsey be boggered to get off their seat and go even down and round the bend a bit.

[quote user="Dog"]

[quote user="pachapapa"]Sometimes though one gets little moments of sunshine to cheer one up. On Monday did a trip down to 39 Avenue de Paris, Niort to chin-wag about tiles, natural hydraulic lime and other facets of traditional architecture. Rivetting stuff. Then popped over to Car4 to check out the sales... €199 and full happiness is a Medion "akoya" E1210 Netbook.  He is so beautiful!![:)][/quote]

Big incident in our hamlet a garden wall fell down and the owner put a red pair of underpants on a stick to warn the odd car on the way to the pigeon killing site.

[/quote]

Ahh customs of the deepest france...Nous voulons montrer que l'inceste, cela n'arrive pas que dans les fermes de la France profonde..pigeons having a hard time...sympathy where sympathy due.  http://www.aivi.org/ or drop by Fig-a-roo.

[/quote]

The people that post here are all so much alike, they could all be the same person. Nuclear fizzycysts are in abundance but are there any swanuppers here? NO!

I am listening to Cab Calloway on the gramaphone - that makes me happy.

I just don't know why you don't see him on TV any more-  in fact ever.

Roy Smeck is amusing too with his hawaiian guitars, banjo and ukele.

If they played this sort of  music on Radio 1 knife crime would drop significantly, the reccession end overnight, everyone would buy a new car, house and matching socks and pants.

Is 11am too early for pink gin?

For you with fast connections you can see Cab Calloway in action here.... enjoy...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=hovtGsLPYeA

and download tracks here..

http://secure1.mppglobal.com/ishop/202/ProductInfo.aspx?p=270270

[quote user="pachapapa"][quote user="Dog"]

[/quote]

Ahh customs of the deepest france...Nous voulons montrer que l'inceste, cela n'arrive pas que dans les fermes de la France profonde..pigeons having a hard time...sympathy where sympathy due.  http://www.aivi.org/ or drop by Fig-a-roo.

[/quote]

I feel queasy now - a game for all the family to play - YUK.

[quote user="Benjamin"]As I suspected from the quality of the responses to this thread that this forum is really going down the pan.

Well you lot started it.   [:D][/quote]

Heheh, you got there in the end, dragged down by the tide of British, stereo-typical toilet humour. It makes me feel all warm & cheery on a grim, grey afternoon.