Not Wee Gordie's best day.

woolybanana

Renaud..... In my view because the BBC is now run by a bunch of people who get a thrill out of stirring things up Fresh out of university many of them... learned everthing except good manners it appears .No doubt some yougster is in charge of deciding what is newsworthy these days .

"In my view because the BBC is now run by a bunch of people who get a thrill out of stirring things up Fresh out of university many of them... learned everthing except good manners it appears .No doubt some yougster is in charge of deciding what is newsworthy these days" .Frederick

Absolutely spot on !

Tegwini 

Wooly

I was one of the 1 million watching the special program on the "plan de relance", but I suspect that not many other forum members did.

Given that it was on all 5 French channels, and therefore could not be avoided I am fairly confident that the 15 million quoted is an understatement, either that or a new baby boom is on its way.

He didnt criticise GB at all, he said in response to the suggestion of a reduction in TVA that he would not be doing so as it had made no effect in the UK, a long way from what was quoted in the article.

From a non political standpoint I was very, very impressed by our president, far more so than Gordon Brown.

Its a shame more forum users did not/could not watch the programme on the countries handling of the economic crisis, such an important issue to all of our futures.

No-one has even mentioned that Tax proffesional will be scrapped in 2010, I was going to post the good news but then reflected that it could not compete with Carol Thatcher saying that someone looked like a gollywog and Jeremy Clarkson calling Gordon Brown a one eyed idiot.

Just to add to JR's post, what the UK got was translated edited highlights and then interpretation by the medias with 24 hours of programming to fill and headlines to write,  snow was getting a bit boring.  Sarkozy is under pressure as were the Germans to follow the UK and cut the rate of TVA in France, and to claim that it has not worked in the UK is a good way of refuting the idea.  The big retail chains certainly have not said that the cut in VAT has not helped with sales, but with massive discounting going on, who can really tell.

[quote user="JRs gone native"]Given that it was on all 5 French channels, and therefore could not be avoided I am fairly confident that the 15 million quoted is an understatement, either that or a new baby boom is on its way.[/quote]

We dodged Sarko.  [:)]

We watched an ancient Clint Eastwood/Charlie Sheene film on TF3 instead (The Rookie).  I think Sarko was only on TF1, TF2 and M6 simultaneously at that time.

Only if the said cement sets your face in the act of shouting.  That's how we Brits (Oh!  please let me use that expression) make ourselves understood when going abroad.  We point and talk progressively louder and louder...works eventually. We didn't build an Empire by studying languages don't you know, we did it by pointing and shouting at Johnny Foreigner.