£22,508.00

Bugsy

And the politicians wonder why the majority of the UK population is getting fed up with the scroungers that thrive on the benefit society. Why do they queue up to get into UK and not the rest of Europe. One day G.Brown and his motley crew will wake up. Mind you  he  must be a bit like Rip Van Winkle. ten years asleep and now he admits he should have acted earlier.

Regards.

Well, they could always dig up their garden, put it over to veggies, go to Lidi and Aldi where they sell veggie seeds very cheap and grow their own - tho that's probably too much like hard work.

And they're getting benefit for being overweight - should make their back to work interviews interesting!

But, they're not the problem are they? Its the rules that allow them to claim these amounts.

And by the way, can someone check my figures - I think about 3 grand has gone astray somewhere - nothing like a good headline to make a bad story [:@]

Each week, Mr and Mrs Chawner, who have been married for 23 years,

receive £177 in income support and incapacity benefit.(9204) Mrs

Chawner is paid an extra £330-a-month disability allowance for

epilepsy and asthma, both a result of being overweight. (3960)

Mr Chawner gets £71 a month after developing Type 2 diabetes

because of his size. (852)

Samantha receives £84 in Jobseekers’ Allowance each fortnight

(4368) while Emma, who is training to be a hairdresser, gets £58

every two weeks under a hardship fund for low-income students. (1508)

£19892

I feel sick as I have been eating and eating but I still only weigh 8 stone. Do I get anything for trying to be huge like an eating until you are ill benefit or an eat chocolate benefit. as on my pension I don't eat much chocolate lately.  Really getting excited about all these foodie  benefits i might get here in France, what ?  I won't get any  Oh S*d it .

didn't the blonde girl audtition for x-factor?  I'm sure it's her... she wore a long dress, bit bizarre and got very upset when they turned her down... Mum and Dad were both there, sure it's the same family (and yes I love the x-factor!) [8-)]

Think you are right there Rose.   She wore that horrible black and white marquee that Dad either made or chose for her step to undoubted stardom, and the "voice" was like someone had trodden on a cat's tail .

I watched a programme on tv last year about this gigantic fat bloke in his late 20s that followed him and his progress through a week of stuffing his mush with the contents of a small supermarket.    His (almost as obese) "girlfriend" cooked these cottage pies one of which could have fed a family for three days, yet he rammed ALL of them in in ONE sitting and then sent her to the shop for pies!!!   After gorging on several Big Breakfasts at the local cafe (their best customer apparently), his day was spent fishing with all his top-notch equipment, then the evenings he was off to the pub for 20 pints followed by an entire menu at the local Indian restaurant.  And of course he was "unable to work because of his disability".   Then after this active day spent fishing, gorging on snacks and watching telly he stuffed himself with whatever the "girlfriend" stuck under his nose by the wheelbarrow load.   I'd like to know how they can afford to eat in this manner without over-generous benefits, let alone the 20 pints and copious amounts of takeaway picked up as their mates wheel 'em home from the pub in a specially reinforced wheelchair?    Good 'ol taxpayer thats how.   The other side of the coin is someone existing on a basic state pension who sometimes has the choice of Eat or Heat - bet they'd like the opportunity to live in this fashion, all paid for due to a self-inflicted "disability". 

Before anyone mentions it yes I do know that this kind of obesity is a form of OCD - a compulsion to continually ram food into a body that does not need it which therefore simply turns into blubber - yet all the while this greed is rewarded by giving whatever they want to fund this chosen lifestyle of theirs.  They have no impetus to stop, even if by being vastly obese means they could die at any moment it makes no difference.    I am no longer 8 stone either but I don't stuff myself with tons of food every waking hour - the clinically obese don't have a need for food.      It is a compulsion, a mental problem and it ought to be treated as such,  but not by pandering to demands for more money to fund a blubber-building exercise.  In fact its lack of said exercise that goes partly to blame for the explosion of obese people, that and a sedentary lifestyle stuck in front of the telly with a microwaved supper. 

In any case, it seems it is a highly lucrative business to be a "disabled" fatty.   Time to start shovelling in the cream buns methinks[Www]

• 5 months later...

[quote user="Pierre ZFP"]On what? [8-)][/quote]

she was back on the auditions for the x-factor with her sister and dad, saying they were having to live in their car as they were evicted from their home because she was singing too much. [blink]

[quote user="Rose"]

[quote user="Pierre ZFP"]On what? [8-)][/quote]

she was back on the auditions for the x-factor with her sister and dad, saying they were having to live in their car as they were evicted from their home because she was singing too much. [blink]

[/quote]

Is that 'singing' or 'signing (on)' too much ? [;-)]

On a diet, very good Sweets [:D]

Note to self - NEVER watch x-factor, oh wait a minute, I don't [:P]