Don't laugh but I've made a Cheesecake

Bugsy

I saw the hariy bikers for the first time a couple of weeks ago and was impressed. They do seem to go in for XL Man size cooking.

Did see the one where they made this and you seem to have done as well as them.

If you cross the fingers of one hand whilst eating it negates the calories - that is why the Americans only ever use one piece of cutlery at a time [:D]

[quote user="PaulT"]If you cross the fingers of one hand whilst eating it negates the calories - that is why the Americans only ever use one piece of cutlery at a time [:D][/quote]

Thanks for that Paul, good tip [:D]

Here is the recipe if anyone wants to try it.

I make the chocolate roulade from Britains best baker competition, it is truly scrumptious. Although I confess I melt the chocolate slowly in the microwave with a tablespoon or two of water in it, with no ill effects on the cake.

http://goo.gl/Ks565

next time I make it I think that I'll serve some cherries marinated in Kirsh with it, sort of black forest gateau.

I like the Hairy Bikers, but unless someone wants cheese cake will pass on this recipe as I don't like cheese cake, although if someone wants one, I'll give it a go.

Well done, hope you enjoy it, do you want my recipé for the best chocolate and walnut cheesecake in the world?

Why the title though?  What is there to laugh at?

OK there may not be a lot of cooking with heat involved, just softening butter and crisping the base but most cuisine gastronomique is nothing more than cuisine d'assemblage, yours is a work of art.

[quote user="Chancer"]

OK there may not be a lot of cooking with heat involved, just softening butter and crisping the base but most cuisine gastronomique is nothing more than cuisine d'assemblage, yours is a work of art.

[/quote]

The whole thing was cooked 'C' its got 6 eggs in it.  [:D]

[quote user="Frecossais"]What cheese did you use?

[/quote]

Cream cheese, lots of it.[Www]

Well off the original subject but I made the pork pies from the Great British Bakeoff recipe and they were lovely,far better than horrible Asda things we had brough over for us. I used the cheap loin pork steaks from Lidl cut up very finely for the filling and the Gelée was the one you buy for aspic dishes here in the stock cube section, flavoured with chicken stock cube. I did them in a twelve hole fairy cake tin (not muffin) and they froze well too! The hotwater pastry with saindoux is easy to do but you have to work fast and it tasted delicious.

[quote user="Val_2"]Well off the original subject but I made the pork pies from the Great British Bakeoff recipe and they were lovely,far better than horrible Asda things we had brough over for us. I used the cheap loin pork steaks from Lidl cut up very finely for the filling and the Gelée was the one you buy for aspic dishes here in the stock cube section, flavoured with chicken stock cube. I did them in a twelve hole fairy cake tin (not muffin) and they froze well too! The hotwater pastry with saindoux is easy to do but you have to work fast and it tasted delicious.[/quote]

Shall I PM my postal address [;-)]

[quote user="Bugsy"][quote user="Chancer"]

[/quote]

The whole thing was cooked 'C' its got 6 eggs in it.  [:D]

[/quote]

Buerk!!

So a more solid cheesecake then, my recipé only uses 2 eggs, uncooked, the yolks mixed in with the cream cheese, if France I use St Hubert, Philadelphia in the UK, the whites are whipped to stiff peaks and carefully folded into the mixture with a cold spoon,  it makes for a very light but voluminous cheesecake at least 4" high.

Only joking with the buerk, I am sure it tastes lovely, chacun à son gout and all that.

I hope you bask in reflected glory when you serve the dish.

Val2, instead of that packet gelee stuff, get an untreated fresh pigs trotter for the gelee, you'll have to boil it for a while, but the gelee is gorgeous and after making an excellent pork pie just is the dream filling.

And cheap pork with fat in, you bet, IMO awful with good pork, same with sausages, no fat in the meat and they are dry and horrible.