Labyrinth on Channel 4 tonight

Clair

Labyrinth

Adrian Hodges' adaptation of Kate Mosse's best-selling novel.

Channel 4 - 9pm (Part one of two. Concludes Sunday)

[quote]Modern-day PhD graduate Alice Tanner and 17-year-old Alais Pelletier from 13th-century Carcassonne experience an adventure that intertwines their lives, separated by time but united with a common destiny.

Alice inherits a house in the south of France from an unknown aunt and is haunted by dreams of a woman from the past. Compelled to find out more, she stumbles upon an archaeological discovery that will bear witness to a genocide committed 800 years earlier on European soil, which will lead her to the secrets of the Holy Grail.[/quote]

[quote user="dave21478"]Well that answers that question. The book has been in my "to be read" pile for a while but I have never been inclined to start it for some reason.[/quote]

Its a 'Marmite' book, you either love it or hate it. Personally I found, and I am not alone it appears, that the style of righting is more akin to a 12 or 14 year old. I got about a quarter of the way through and gave up others think it's brilliant. The link below gives readers reviews.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Labyrinth-Kate-Mosse/dp/1409138968/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1364647000&sr=1-1

[quote user="powerdesal"]I enjoyed it, as did Mrs PD.[/quote]

So did I. I have read and enjoyed both Labyrinth and Sepulchre.

I'll watch the adaptation tonight, but I don't think the book can be easily condensed.

I'm not expecting to be blown away. I just want to enjoy something I haven't watched before (unlike Robin Hood or Shrek!) [:)]

[quote user="Quillan"]

Personally I found, and I am not alone it appears, that the style of righting is more akin to a 12 or 14 year old.

[/quote]

It would appear Kate Mosse is not the only one who writes like a 12 year old!

[quote user="Jay"][quote user="Quillan"]

Personally I found, and I am not alone it appears, that the style of righting is more akin to a 12 or 14 year old.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[:D][:D][:D]

[quote user="Jay"][quote user="Quillan"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes there are one or two others, did you have anyone in particular in mind and would you care to name them?

Some comments on the first half of Labyrinth:-

I don't recall the book having an 'evil sister' in it. However Morganna from the Merlin series does fit.

The fashion sense of the heroine leaves an awful lot to be desired. Those dresses, those boots ??????????

[quote user="powerdesal"]Some comments on the first half of Labyrinth:-

I don't recall the book having an 'evil sister' in it. [/quote]

I have not watched either episode yet, but the original storyline does include an older, manipulative sister (Oriane).