Room 101 People

Gardian

A bit of fun.

Just seen one of my selection in a TV trailer and that prompted me. My candidates:

GEORGE CLOONEY

Is he an actor, a singer, or just someone who appears in Nespresso ads? Bad surname too.

GERMAINE. GREER

Not much to say really, other than I really don't understand how she ever became a 'celeb' or what on earth she has to offer. Definite switch-off for me.

BILL NIGHY

Again, is he really an actor? Does dead-pan to the extreme.. Waste of time, no talent and doesn't even have Clooney's looks (according to Mrs G).

There's plenty more out there!

1.Ann Widdecombe. I can't even see that an explanation should be necessary

2.The entire cast of "Dad's Army" - on the offchance that maybe then, finally, a week can go by without another re-run. How many more times?

3.Piers Morgan. See 1. above.

Most professional footballers in the Premier and 1st division, OVER PAID, under active lazy waste of space.

Julia Bradbury - I always think WHY when she is on tv

Susanna Reid - I always think WHY when she is on tv

Ben Fogle - I always think WHY when he is on tv

There are lots of people I don't get and never want to see ever again.

And politicians.......... send them all to St Helena and only let them have bread and water, maybe the greedy swines'll all eat one another after a couple of years!

[quote user="Gardian"]A bit of fun.

Just seen one of my selection in a TV trailer and that prompted me. My candidates:

GEORGE CLOONEY

Is he an actor, a singer, or just someone who appears in Nespresso ads? Bad surname too.

GERMAINE. GREER

Not much to say really, other than I really don't understand how she ever became a 'celeb' or what on earth she has to offer. Definite switch-off for me.

BILL NIGHY

Again, is he really an actor? Does dead-pan to the extreme.. Waste of time, no talent and doesn't even have Clooney's looks (according to Mrs G).

There's plenty more out there![/quote]

I believe Germaine Greer refused the offer of being Principal of an Oxford College as there was nowhere for her to keep her geese.

Apart from that I have absolutely no idea what this thread is about...

Davina McCall - screechy presenter, now on beauty and hair ads. Those slow-motion swishing-your-hair-about sections made me want to throw a chair through the TV.

Bill Nighy - echo earlier comment. That deadpan face worked well in one film ... and now it's just lazy. Act, man, for goodness sake!

Vernon Kay - there is something of the sleazy lounge lizard about him. Can't put my finger on it, just creepy.

And a billion of those Essex girls and boys with inflated lips, boobies, false hair, fake tans ....

Is room 101 big enough for all of my choices?

I'm a Bill Nighy fan too and I'm looking forward to seeing him with my other hero Christopher Walken in Turks and Caicos, but not until I've seen the last episode of Line of Duty tonight.

Please can we add all the bimbo hangers-on of the footballers to the inhabitants of Room 101 ?

[quote user="Hoddy"]I'm a Bill Nighy fan too and I'm looking forward to seeing him with my other hero Christopher Walken in Turks and Caicos, but not until I've seen the last episode of Line of Duty tonight. [/quote]

We are twins separated at birth, Hoddy.

(You probably thought you were having a good day till you read that! [:P])

I would get rid of...

Piers Morgan

Jeremy Kyle and his ilk

The whole cast of Towie, the Chelsea equivalent and all Kardashians... even if they've been in Startrek... there were Kardashians in Startrek, weren't there...?

e2a: that room is going to get awfully crowded, isn't it? And can you imagine the fight over the one mirror that I think they should be allowed... [:-))]

Cardassians in Star Trek and if memory serves in some good episodes. I usually like Star Trek, but Into Darkness, should have simply been left in darkness, in a cupboard somewhere[Www].......... or Room 101 bien sur!

[quote user="You can call me Betty"]I really mean this...who ARE these Kardashian people??? I keep seeing photos of them or hearing allusions to them, and I have no clue who they are!

[/quote]

I had to Google this very thing a few months ago: apparently their (deceased) father or husband or whatever was OJ Simpson's lawyer. [8-)] Why that tenuous link to fame? notoriety? should result in tv shows is beyond me.

Candidates for Room 101: Jeremy Clarkson - a buffoon

The scriptwriters of Emmerdale - their storylines are see-through and cr*p

Kate Winslet - a good actress, but doesn't know what she wants and is a poser

I like Bill Nighy too.

[quote user="Frecossais"]Candidates for Room 101: Jeremy Clarkson - a buffoon

The scriptwriters of Emmerdale - their storylines are see-through and cr*p

Kate Winslet - a good actress, but doesn't know what she wants and is a poser

I like Bill Nighy too.

[/quote]

Kate Winslet, you've crossed a line there.  [6]

Which reminds me (and I'd be surprised if many people know who he is, but nevertheless) Gary Crowley. A long-serving second-rung DJ who cannot speak more than two consecutive words without saying "sorta, kinda" or "you know". I switch off or change channels whenever I hear his name. I always thought that in broadcasting, a certain ability to be lucid and articulate was a prerequisite.

Me too, I have also limited my exposure to the cretin to a couple of transient seconds whilst changing channel.

I cannot bear to listen to any French radio station that has presenters or DJ's due to the constant euuhhing, makes them them sound like complete morons and all the more frustrating as I am sure it is just effected speech.

Can I add Danny Baker to the queue?