What a useful Forum

Coco

LAST EDITED ON 20-Aug-04 AT 11:48 AM (BST)

Sometimes, when things get nasty, my husband asks me why I bother with this forum. However, in the last two weeks he has had to eat his words:

- Weve received 8 nights of B&B bookings for September
- Had a referral for a booking passed on from another member (thanks Miki!!)
- Been given the co-ordinates for manualy tuning in BBC radio stations onto our newly acquired digital dish (no more test match cricket thank God!!! )

So thanks to everyone on the Forum who gives help. You far outweigh the idiots that try to ruin it!

How has the Forum benefitted you?

Coco

I've made some online friends and real ones too. Its where I can speak to same-minded people in my own language and know that mostly they feel as I do. Its nice too to be able to pass on valuable experiences and info to those about to set out and do the same thing.

Well we have met new friends living within 30km radius, found puppies a new home in the North of France (someone knocked on my door in the Deux Sevres and asked if I knew of anyone! A kind person mailed me a tape of a programme that I missed which had long lost cousin on! advice on a Oleander, tracked down a spare part for a barbeque, found a caretaker for two weeks so we could go on holiday and so the list goes on...so yes I totally agree with the title.

Bonne Chance Living France
http://www.le-tilleul.com

This forum has been invaluable to me with the lead up to our move. I've received great help and advice here and I've made contact with people in the area we are moving to French and British). It's reassuring when I get stressed that I know there are people already there who are prepared to give their time to help us and over time I hope that I'll be able to do the same back for other people

Jennifer
p.s. if anyone can help with my latest E106 panic on the health forum they might just save my sanity ;)

Too many to mention. Latest must be le Figaro website (thanks Pucette), can't get enough of that. So many thought provoking conversations. Meet some very nice people. Learn a great deal too and not just about hens or firewood! Recipes, wine recommendations, numerous book suggestions. The list is endless... M

No probs Coco,

Weren't they a lovely family. As you are probably aware now, they travelled out on the Pont Aven but what with all the troubles with that ferry, had to find another way back but they thought, "Oh well might as well make use of the extra days in France" and simply got on with making the best of a bad thing!

What Gay says later reminded me of something.
Did you see his portable email machine? It's called (hope I get this right) A Blackberry and he kept in touch with his company in Ireland by email. There's a thought for anyone wanting to go away on hols in the off season but needing to keep in touch with their emails, e.g bookings etc.

Chris "the gadget" Quillan can try it first, can't you Chris!! Report back soon please!

No I agree, I have fun on here and often want to make light hearted quips but leave it to the real pros like SB !

Many people unknowingly have offered indirect help that I have snuffled for myself. The thing is, I didn't even know I needed to know until I read some of them either !!
Top of the Forum to you all...............

Miki

Today I followed up a referral for Travel Insurance. Have only dealt with the company for 24 hrs but I am full of praise.
Also recent postings on vehicles section have made us think seriously about validity of insurance issued on our UK plates- oops.

I think the forum is fantastic. I have learned many things by reading the various posts. Though I am new to the forum (only a few months) and I am not British, I still find the posts very interesting, helpful and, often, funny. I also feel that whenever I have a question, this would be one of the first places I would go to seek advice. Thanks for creating the forum - whoever did...