Members on line

I love this new feature and it's now the first line I go to after logging on for it's so interesting to see who's on line live with you.   I usually log in around 01.30 hrs GMT as it's first thing in the morning where I currently live.  But was I surprised to see a handful of others on line this morning at the same time! Are you night shift workers, insomniacs or also living in some far flung place?  M

I sometimes can't sleep and find if I get up, make a cup of hot chocolate (called it something else and it was censored) and go on line for ten minutes or so then I can go back to bed and fall asleep. I've wondered about starting a support group of Insomniacs Anonymous, some sort of chat room attached to this forum. Trouble is, then I would never get back to sleep.  Pat.

Like Dick, I'm a chronic insomniac and have been for ages. It gets worse the older I get too.

I feel a bit of a cheat though because I don't always login in the middle of the night - my automatic login isn't working properly.

Hoddy

Another insomniac here too! Have tried every remedy on the market to no avail. I dream of being one of those people who goes to bed at a sensible time and is up, bright, breezy and chirpy at 6am. The only time I actually see 6am is when I haven't beeen able to sleep all night.

Perhaps I am on Australian time?

No it's me on Australian time.  I usually log on first thing in the morning about 6.0 a.m., leave the computer on all day and sometimes take another peek during the day.

I always look again before I go to bed!  Currently 9.0 hours ahead, but at the end of October the clocks go forward and yours go back so it is then 11.00 hours.

I like the new feature too, interesting to see who is on line at the same time.

I wouldn't say we are insomniacs, we just hit the "Wide Awake Club" about 11.30pm.   It's 12.16am here now, and I am just about to go downstairs to find a little snackette.  It will probably be about 1.30 by the time we actually say goodnight. Trouble is I am lucky to be awake, let alone out of bed, by about 9.30 next morning, and we are still trying to finish our renovation.  

I feel for all you insomniacs for my problem is staying awake beyond 9 pm.  But then I'm one of Penny's early morning bright and breezy people (some may say pain in the ***) for I'm always up and about cheerful as anything at 5 am local time no matter where I'm living.  Hey, odd thing is, none of the people on line with me at that time of the morning have replied.  But I fully respect their privacy, even if I am curious about their timekeeping!  M

[quote]Usually, insomnia. This time (04.24) woken up by some 4-footed creatures tap-dancing in clogs around the terrasse.[/quote]

...............and we think we have trouble with Breton sea serpents in our region but you have the "Montpellier & Dutch Home counties" Sangliers samba formation team to contend with by the sound of it   

Owls and larks.  My wife goes to bed early and gets up early and I can stay up til late etc etc.  Sometimes have to force myself to turn the puter off at 00h30, (before doing the washing up) and hitting the sack by 1 on weekdays and 2 on weekends.   

MWJ I bet you've got sleep apnoea.

Later, apnée is well-known here in France, not sure why, although I suspect it's like crise de foi, it covers a multitude of sins and gives people an excuse to go to the pharmacie to stock up!

Recently, a neighbour fell asleep at the driving wheel and scared his wife half to death.  Lucky escape all round, but a week later he gets rigged up at night to test his levels of oxygen while he's sleeping, because he snores and the snoring might be taking oxygen from his brain.....    

Nothing to do with him getting old, being up late the night before and leaving for a long drive home early in the morning, of course! 

Now don't yawn, but ... people with sleep apnoea usually snore.  Often there is some form of partial obstruction to upper airway, or the upper airway partially collapses while you are asleep - especially if you have been drinking for example.  Its also normal as we get older. Anyway the result is we do not get enough oxygen into our blood and it can have the same effect on our major organs (heart / brain) as being a heavy smoker. 

And you're right, staying up late and getting up early will also make you feel like death in morning and increase the likelihood of driving your car into a tree.  I'm quite fond of trees, so I think we should stamp out getting up early and sleep apnoea.