10 things you would bring from the UK

Ooh yes Miki, afternoon tea at Brighton's Grand, you'd be talking... but I've so often been disappointed going back to things within the uk - I used to enjoy afternoon tea in Selfridges' rooftop restaurant, was very peeved to find it had disappeared... modernised or disappeared pubs... quiet spots turned into shopping centres... restaurants closed down or changed hands or just simply gone downhill... and these things happen here too, it's not a British thing... it's quite nice to be able to reminisce about things from a distance without being tempted to trot off and be disappointed - the dogs is another thing you mentioned once... and shellfish... chips in newspaper...

Wendy James ,customer sevice and France are poles apart. could give you loads of examples but the simplest being that we bought a chopping board(for veg etc) used and washed it twice and it split, returned to shop with receipt, they said no exchange or refund `cos it had been used and was marked! Excuse me, it is a chopping board,not an ornament! after a stand off between myself (ex customer services ASDA)and hubby and the manager he agreed very sullenly that we could have an exchange. We don`t shop there now.

Thick mode here, who is the wendy james?

There was another Wendy James, comedic actress, who played the lead in 'Buttterflies', late 70's I think, but she also starred in something before that, Its driving me mad because I can't think what. Off to google if no one knows - obviously got toomuch time on my hands.