Bad weather in the North

Iceni

I hope that everyone in the North is OK after that appalling day/night of windy weather.  I know that not everyone has had their electricity and or phone lines reconnected but if you were up there and suffered I hope that you are soon OK.

We got our property insurance today and it is not cheap, after seeing the pictures on French TV I now realise that being properly insured is a necessity.

Take care.

The wind was certainly very scary where we are, but remarkably there was very little actual damage here compared with storms earlier this year. It seems that Paris and the area to its north got the wprst of it this time, pretty horrific there I think.

Dont want to gloat,but,just came inside from have lunch on the terrassce(jeans and tee shift,short sleeved kind)it must be grim up north,still you get what you pay for.Prices down here,well you could buy a farm up north for what you would pay for a one bed no garden tiny little holiday house.bon apres midi.

All day Friday was very bad here windy and rainwise after a rough night,but very little damage and although torrential rain during last night/earlyhours today,nothing to report - this being right on the coast in North Finistère. It seemed to start here and gather momentum as it swept eastwards and high Paris with great force. Tonight they have forecast 8 on the Roscoff/Plymouth route.

F8,is that a strong wind or something,try being out at sea in F8 and stronger,not that much fun,when we were at sea you could not see a super tanker between the through, the waves where that high,for days on end.Even the kids can manage a force 8/9 crossing the la manche in winter time.Force 8 not even a storm,if any damage is done by that strength of wind then the property was in need of some repair before the wind.

Dont want to gloat,but,just came inside from have lunch on the terrassce(jeans and tee shift,short sleeved kind)

bizarre ... yesterdays' weather for most of france, including the south was cloud, rain and wind - even here in midi pyrenees  and this mornings 2 deg is one of the coldest we've had so far. As usual for the region / this time of year it is still pretty windy.

Bizarre,whats bizarre,lunch time for most people in france is around midday,it might of been 2C in the morning,would`nt know I was in bed.Wanadoo yesterday had the temp at 17,and yes it did get colder later in the day,midi pyrenees is not the P.O.During lunch it was clear blue skiesit,s sunny once again down here with a little cloud and wind.ps not even put the fire on today and I`am type in my jeans and tee shirt, may have to do so around 4ish as it starts getting cold. pps,just looked outside small fluffy clouds,mainly blue sky with a light but cold north wind.

Outcast, you're an old sea-dog if ever I met one, probably from original viking stock, - a man known by the cut of your jib and the rattle of your teeth. You probably enjoy an iced-water shower, followed by brisk rub down with pineapple leaves, before setting off on your driftwood plank for a bit of bucaneering in thirty metre seas. I'll wager that any wind that doesn't blow your breeches clean off is a mere breeze for a giant such as you.

Ahoy pippy,only one slight problem with your posting,ice water and pineapple,you see pineapples are an exotic fruit and you dont find ice and pineapples together(unless you count tesco`s etc as exotic).When I lived in hawaii(hawaii is the group name for all the islands) some years ago nowI had some of the best ever pineapples ever tasted,the village I lived in was the same village where some of the scense,s that featured in the Elvis film Blue hawaii and all also they filmed Magnum there with tom sellick,ice water oh no no no it,s lava,ps it,s raining again in quillian.

Outcast,  You are obviously a `wind - up merchant `as most of your text is perfectly good English, and  YOU keep pointing out , `don`t pick on my spelling `, if you have a problem with this ,then ask Santa for a dictionary.

Please don`t be a spoiler , people have enough problems without having to put up with your `clever` comments .

If you live in France , then good luck to you , hope the sun shines all year round , but somehow I doubt it.

Regards

Jude

Hey jude(sorry could`nt help that one)no if,as for your powers of observation who asked you for them?Please do PM me and tell me what I should post that would make you feel better and then maybe you could keep your head in the sand.For sure it would be really "nice" if the sun did shine all year,but some people live in the real work and and know that the sun does indeed shine all year just depends where one is.

"Dont want to gloat,but,just came inside from have lunch on the terrassce(jeans and tee shift,short sleeved kind)it must be grim up north,still you get what you pay for.Prices down here,well you could buy a farm up north for what you would pay for a one bed no garden tiny little holiday house.bon apres midi.I,m here in france"

What do your fatuous postings contribute to this forum?

Given the shift in French property prices it it more likely that prices will rise in the north rather than the south - but of course you would know that already.

The original posting was in regard to the recent bad weather in the north of France. You seemed to have ignored the fact that people died in this recent bad weather and that thousands of others were disadvantaged - but you had your lunch on the terrace so that was fine.

The weather in southern Europe can be very fickle.

You were obviously not living in France during Christmas 1999/2000 when we experienced the worst tempete in Europe in living memory.

Having endured the night with two small terrified children and then spending the next day and days to come among total devastation without water or electricity, rather focuses your mind upon reality.

Perhaps think about postings that contribute to useful inormation on this forum

Regards,

Bob Clarke
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/grindoux

Bobc,no I did not ignore that fact that some people,in fact I`am not sure but think it was around six people mainly hit by falling trees,but choose not to trivialise it with crocodile tears on a forum and to use the sad fact to try and take moral high ground on a post.You did have an other reply before this one, but it was pulled by a mod who may?live in france