Any gay / lesbian couples moved to France?

Shawny

[quote]Actually, I've been told that that is a misquote. Apparently many historians believe that Nelson said "Kismet" (as in Fate).[/quote]

That rang a bell - I had to search in a review copy of a new book I'd recently received about Nelson and Trafalgar.

"What were Nelson's last words?
His last words are a subject of considerable controversy. Upon receiving his wound, Lord Nelson was heard to say: 'They have done for me at last, Hardy. My backbone is shot through.' As he lay dying in the orlop, he said 'Oh Victory! Victory! how you distract my poor brain.' According to several witnesses, his final order was: 'Anchor, Hardy, anchor.' Although he did say 'Kiss me, Hardy', they could not have been his last words as the captain was on deck when the admiral died. Dr Beatty insisted that before the 'match- less hero' slipped into delirium, he declared: '1 have done my duty. I praise God for it'.

Nelson's Victory, by Peter Goodwin (curator of HMS Victory), Conway Martime Press.

I guess unless you were there, you just wouldn't know though. So was Nelson gay? The book doesn't answer that question.

Re Nelson's last words, "have you got those flags up yet"

Harolds last words "mind those arrows they'll have someones eye out"

Going TOtally off thread here , but has anyone else noticed that if you put the words Gay and Lesbian in your title post that the number of views to said post goes through the roof?

The little things in life make me happy!

Terry....