Nigel's new scheme!

M

One thing for sure, it wasn't on any profits on the resto and may well be a bill for CGT which then beggars the question as to why he would even pay CGT if he was declared for tax due to him living and working here but then again, had he registered the business and, indeed had he made a tax declaration which would have avoided any CGT on his part.

Oh the mind boggles at Nigels antics but only those that know France and its laws etc would know about the ways and wherefores and so for many, it would all come as a good story and probably without any flaws as they see it

I've heard him compared to 'Eddie the eagle'. But my take on him is a lot less romantic. I do not find Nigel's brand of self-delusion and willful idiocy at all edifying. Neither does it make an attractive spectator sport. Nigel goes far towards proving that Charles Darwin's theories about natural selection and the evolutionary process are not entirely reliable.

On a less serious note than taxes etc in previous postings, i wish to question one of many unexplained points in this show....

Last night's episode was in 'early March' according to the commentary....and we see Nigel taking a swim in the stream/river, looking rather suntanned even sunburnt on his face, and ploughing part of a field with dust from the dried out soil all around him. Almost every scene showed him in Tshirt and shorts/sandals. Come to think of it, large swathes of grass were looking more brown (ie. dead) than green!

Can anyone tell me if summer comes so early to the Ardeche region?  If it's nice enough to swim in a river in early March then i think i'll move there immediately!