Totally wrong..................

Miki

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="Owens88"]

Boringly extending an earlier arc.

It seems that google is now re-inventing paypal.

http://www.webpronewsnl.com/2006a/0217.html

But anymore news on the Beavers?

[/quote]

I wish I had inveneted paypal - what commission rate do they charge? 5%

or something, isn't it? Someone told me a few days ago that Google was

capitalised at over 100 Billion $, despite having little in the way of

assets and making only a tiny fraction of this amount as profit:

presumably some people had some money left after the last internet

fiasco that they are not particularly attached to. Mind you, I've met

some of these City "whizzkids" and wouldn't trust half of them with a

tea urn, let alone several million in used notes.

The beavers have become very twitchy of late due to the relentless

approach of the dreaded bird flu ("it comes from the East, packed in

bladders of yeast, so the Chinese must take half of the blame!" Wasn't

that Spike Milligan?) and have sealed themseleves in their lodges.

Milking has had to be suspended, and the fledgling Vendéen beaver

cheese business, in which I have invested all the children's pocket

money, may go to the wall.

Looks like I'll have to continue working for a living after all.

Did anyone see the lovely talking Beaver in The Chronicals Of Narnia? I thought he was great with his little cockerninny accent like one of them taxi drivers! I don't think he got very much recognition for his part in the film! It's the same with Okapis, they are forgotten about in society today. I hope he gets more work on TV and movies and won't have to go back to driving taxis. I got a terrible offensive private email from the boss at Total France for mentioning the lovely creatures on their site, I am glad you can talk about them here without getting the same from the lovely Mr James!

Did any of you get Spike's record "I'm Walking Backwards For Christmas, Across The Irish Sea"  Major Richard Dollimor is the spitting image of Spike!

I can see why you never went there now Mrs Animal! I won't visit them ever again in me whole life. They are all very quare indeed! I would love to see more of the Okapi in the media and on the telly and in the papers. I bet there are many people that have no idea what they look like! I had a grand rubber one when I was 9, he took pride of place in me Zoo that I made from mushroom boxes. I only had him (Des) and Arnold, a real live snake (a worm from the garden)

A little Beaver was found in a council house in Dudley last tuesday, he has survived this terrible ordeal and is doing well.

Giraffes are very deer to me heart, and it made me very sad to hear that Poor Paddy the Giraffe has passed away at Painting in Devon. He had previously lost his wife and child in a fire. His little heart was broken apart, so I suppose he just could not go on any longer without the ones he loved so very much!

That is very sad about Paddy and his family, FK.  I hadn't heard about that, but I never get any English news.

Was there ever any news about the baby penguin and do you know what happened to the whale who swam up the Thames?

I went to Dudley zoo when I was a child.  Childhood memories, I used to know "The Ying Tong Song" off by heart.  FK, do you happen to know a tiny little village called Drayton?  Thats where my grandparents lived "over pool 'ead".

I had a friend who wanted to swop their council house for a similar one anywhere in the country, and the only response he got was from someone living in Dudley so decided to remain where they were.  The beaver will only appreciate how lucky it was when it has recovered.

It has always intrigued me how these wild animals get their names, perhaps the Giraffe might prefer to be called Gerald or Geoff then he might not be so sad.....who can tell.

weedon

I went to Dudley zoo when they had Cuddles, the Killer Whale. Maybe you were there at the same time Mrs Animal? It was not good conditions for a large creature like Cuddles, and he passed away too! They did try so hard to save Tracy, the Thames Whale.

They are the 2 most common names that people give to their giraffes Burt! Did you ever get any Giraffe boxes? The Beaver in the Council house was found watching The Simpsons on Sky tv.

I went to see Toga's parents on a recent trip to the Isle Of White, they seemed so much happier than they did on the news, now they are having a new baby. I really thought they would end up like Paddy, but they have pulled through. Penguins are so nice, they never do any harm to anyone.

I could never remember the words to the Ying Tong Song Mrs Animal! I have been to Drayton Manor Park when I was 32, It was great fun on the merry go round, and they have a small zoo similar in design to me zoo I made in Kildare.  I know a lovely woman that lives in a little village called Drayton With The Bassets, which is near to Drayton Manor Park.

Interestingly, despite this being an 'English' poem, it's about a French admiral's son at the Battle of the Nile.

The lower and thicker part of the main mast, which the boy was holding on to when the ship exploded, was given to Nelson by his crew.  The mast was hollowed out for a coffin and Nelson kept it on his ships, being eventually buried in it in his mausoleum in London.

I am not a zoo lover but was taken to a zoo in my push chair in the early 60s - it could have been Dudley.

There was a male lion in a cage it was elevated and 3 feet away was a barrier.

When a large crowd had assembled the lion wandered forlornly forward carefully positioned himself and sprayed the crowd with a good strong stream of urine. Apparently he did this quite often and I have always respected him for this.

On a visit to Dudley zoo in the late 60s I remember travelling up the sky lift thing - at the top my brother got a stick and jammed it in the cogs it ground to halt and we legged it. It took them ages to get it going again...

FK - Dudley zoo used to have a sign which said "Only people of low intellect tease chimpanzees", which I think about sums it up. They also had, or at least I thought they had, a crocodile called Ian, but then I realised the sign said 'Crocodilian', so the name of the crocodile remains shrouded in mystery.

Mods please note,if this is not "de riger"delete at will.Well I heard an interview on the radio 4 a while ago with a chap who worked in a zoo and one of his jobs were to collect sperm samples from monkeys (primates)and during the interview he said that the chimps would cuddle him after he took their sample, kind of touchy,true story though. 

[quote user="le bouffon"]Mods please note,if this is not "de riger"delete at will.Well I heard an interview on the radio 4 a while ago with a chap who worked in a zoo and one of his jobs were to collect sperm samples from monkeys (primates)and during the interview he said that the chimps would cuddle him after he took their sample, kind of touchy,true story though. [/quote]

I believe he also said they shared a cigarette and he had to tell them "of course I will still love you in the morning"

weedon

I remember an Irish Alligator at Dudley zoo, but I think her name was Mrs O'Doyle! I think Ian is a great name for a Rhino! I am wrinting a song about a Rhino called Roy, it goes....

You know and I know that he is an African Rhino, But does Roy know, I just don't know if Roy knows, someone better tell him and they better tell him now.......(Chorus) Roy, you are a rhino........ Roy, you are a rhino, and everybody knows........and now Roy knows!..........

I suppose if people were of a very low intellect, they may not know what intellect actually means! so they would continue to torment the poor little chimps. Dudley has little else to offer than the Merryvale centre and the zoo, there is nothing else and it is a very depressing area, I would commit karaoke if I had to live there!

[quote user="FurryKnickers"]

I went to see Toga's parents on a recent trip to the Isle Of White, they seemed so much happier than they did on the news, now they are having a new baby. I really thought they would end up like Paddy, but they have pulled through. Penguins are so nice, they never do any harm to anyone.

I could never remember the words to the Ying Tong Song Mrs Animal! I have been to Drayton Manor Park when I was 32, It was great fun on the merry go round, and they have a small zoo similar in design to me zoo I made in Kildare.  I know a lovely woman that lives in a little village called Drayton With The Bassets, which is near to Drayton Manor Park.

[/quote]

I don't know anything about penguins F/K but I do know you must never trust a Twix and have you noticed how huge Toblerone's are nowadays I think they are all on Stair-rods. And mods don't like you going off a Topic

Let me help you with you with the words so you can sing along with Mrs A

Ying Tong Ying Tong Ying Tong Ying Tong Ying Tong Yiddle I Fo Ying Tong Yiddle I Fo............

What makes a Hyena laugh? any idea?

weedon