Re: Where did you move to?

Ahermm it's stuck me in a DOM TOM!!  Doesn't seem to let you edit your details unless you're an admin so am condemned to permanently floating somewhere offshore....

Edit - now working [:)]

Edit again - its pretty cool - and has a chat room too [:)]

Kathie

If you click on the map where your village is (when you're in the edit (advanced) bit - see Steve's notes above) it will relocate your marker to the point on the map that you clicked.  You can then change the name of your town and, when you save, it should come up with the right location and name.

Kathie

[quote user="Dotty Trois"]Its really good, I've just joined.  Come on everyone its so easy, even I managed it.  You don't have to be too specific.[/quote]

Dotty, the honour of LF is at stake... I just threw down the gauntlet elsewhere. Spell it out for me, how not to give your  8 house Hammeau away? [:P]

I have also added myself to Sarlat in the Dordogne which is about 10 km away. However, it put me somewhere in Central France and it won't let me edit. Oh well, never been to that part of France before [:)].

[quote user="Dotty Trois"]Come on Tresco, use some imagination will you.  Just find somewhere close ish and put Tresco down as living there. [/quote]

Sorry Dotty, I like to stay close to the truth.

See where WJT ended up? [:-))]

Plus, I did use the words 'spell it out'. I just can't work out how to do it[:$]

Morning Tresco,

If you sign in on the top right corner. Name, e-mail, then your location (say, if you want to put Saintes!) put Saintes, France. Then click by the gal marker. Forget the next 2 boxes for now. Then in the last box, just enter the code that you see beside it.(Numbers & letters.) Now you can click on Add me! & hopefully, you will appear in your chosen location.

I'm hoping this makes sense & is not as clear as mud![;-)]

[quote user="jayjay"]

Morning Tresco,

If you sign in on the top right corner. Name, e-mail, then your location (say, if you want to put Saintes!) put Saintes, France. Then click by the gal marker. Forget the next 2 boxes for now. Then in the last box, just enter the code that you see beside it.(Numbers & letters.) Now you can click on Add me! & hopefully, you will appear in your chosen location.

I'm hoping this makes sense & is not as clear as mud![;-)]

[/quote]

That is exactly what I did and it still put me in Central France.

Well, I have managed to have another entry so now I am located in Cental France, north of Clermont-Ferrand and Bergerac. At least I am moving in the right direction still about 65km west of Sarlat. Oh well at least it is a little nearer the airport [:)].

Hooray it's working now (I feel like Nikki in BB with her ipod, if anyone else is as pathetic as me and still watching).

Tea (or stronger) any time you are passing - so long as I'm there of course!Having said that, the zoom-in bit of the map has me living in quite another part of the forest....

[quote user="Debra"]

Does that mean we can pop in for one at yours when we go shopping, Ali?? 

I never realised there were a few CF people near us.....

[/quote]

When ever you want!!  [:D]  Just bring some nice cakes & my door is always open!!