Irritated or not?

Evianers

Great remark from a taxi driver on BBC breakfast this morning, in an item about Brits learning foreign languages, although not directly about France, I know a couple of people here who think just like him, he said " we bought a house in Spain, unfortunately it is in a Spanish speaking area"[:-))]

What a barsteward, ending up in a Spanish speaking part of Spain, perhaps he should have moved to Dordogneshire.[Www]

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="Tony F Dordogne"]

How the hell would I know Ron, cricket isn't the sort of thing that comes up on the day to day living radar round here - too busy getting of with living in France with French people.

[/quote]

And French people NEVER do anything non-French, do they? 

You know, like eating couscous, or listening to jazz, or eating at McDonalds, or playing handball........... no indeedy!  [;-)]

[quote user="SaligoBay"][quote user="Tony F Dordogne"]

How the hell would I know Ron, cricket isn't the sort of thing that comes up on the day to day living radar round here - too busy getting of with living in France with French people.

[/quote]

You know, like eating couscous, or listening to jazz, or eating at McDonalds, or playing handball........... no indeedy!  [;-)]

[/quote]

Course not, the English would never allow it.

I feel another round of quotes within quotes coming on....

[quote user="Will "][quote user="SaligoBay"][quote user="Tony F Dordogne"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

LOL!  [:D]

[quote user="SaligoBay"][quote user="Will "][quote user="SaligoBay"][quote user="Tony F Dordogne"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Oh No, not again [:(]

[quote user="powerdesal"][quote user="SaligoBay"][quote user="Will "][quote user="SaligoBay"][quote user="Tony F Dordogne"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

But we never finished the experiment the last time!  We wimped out at the edge of the black hole, it was very disappointing!

[quote user="SaligoBay"][quote user="powerdesal"][quote user="SaligoBay"][quote user="Will "][quote user="SaligoBay"][quote user="Tony F Dordogne"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

But we never finished the experiment the last time!  We wimped out at the edge of the black hole, it was very disappointing!

[/quote]

OK Go for it

[quote user="powerdesal"][quote user="SaligoBay"][quote user="powerdesal"][quote user="SaligoBay"][quote user="Will "][quote user="SaligoBay"][quote user="Tony F Dordogne"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

OK Go for it

[/quote]

I know we got a bit dizzy last time, but we didn't wimp out.  It's just that the quantum breach detector sprang a leak and we all ended up floating around the edge of the wormhole that was developing.  Do you think it'll happen again? [8-)]

[quote user="Cassis"][quote user="powerdesal"][quote user="SaligoBay"][quote user="powerdesal"][quote user="SaligoBay"][quote user="Will "][quote user="SaligoBay"][quote user="Tony F Dordogne"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

OK Go for it

[/quote]

I know we got a bit dizzy last time, but we didn't wimp out.  It's just that the quantum breach detector sprang a leak and we all ended up floating around the edge of the wormhole that was developing.  Do you think it'll happen again? [8-)]

[/quote]

That depends if the mods got hold of the special netherlandish leak fixing digit device (patent pending) or we get stuck by the great big worm of ?????

[quote user="powerdesal"][quote user="Cassis"][quote user="powerdesal"][quote user="SaligoBay"][quote user="powerdesal"][quote user="SaligoBay"][quote user="Will "][quote user="SaligoBay"][quote user="Tony F Dordogne"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

OK Go for it

[/quote]

[/quote]

That depends if the mods got hold of the special netherlandish leak fixing digit device (patent pending) or we get stuck by the great big worm of ?????

[/quote]

What - you mean if one of us just sticks our finger in the hole then it may not break apart this time?

Wow - that's weird - there's two of me now.

[quote user="powerdesal"][quote user="Cassis"][quote user="powerdesal"][quote user="SaligoBay"][quote user="powerdesal"][quote user="SaligoBay"][quote user="Will "][quote user="SaligoBay"][quote user="Tony F Dordogne"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

OK Go for it

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

'Once more into the breach dear friends etc etc'

[quote user="powerdesal"][quote user="powerdesal"][quote user="Cassis"][quote user="powerdesal"][quote user="SaligoBay"][quote user="powerdesal"][quote user="SaligoBay"][quote user="Will "][quote user="SaligoBay"][quote user="Tony F Dordogne"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

OK Go for it

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Hello?  Can you hear me?  My last post has gone awol!!!

[quote user="Cassis"][quote user="powerdesal"][quote user="powerdesal"][quote user="Cassis"][quote user="powerdesal"][quote user="SaligoBay"][quote user="powerdesal"][quote user="SaligoBay"][quote user="Will "][quote user="SaligoBay"][quote user="Tony F Dordogne"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

OK Go for it

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Its still there Phil, I missed quoting it (I think !!!!) or we cross-posted.

I am really irritated because my computer is broken and I can only have a quick peep at work but they keep catching me.  I think hubby broke the computer because he wants me sitting next to him watching tv in the evenings like a normal little wifey.  Ooooops the boss is coming got to go.  X

REALLY PISSED OFF.

Sorry, arcane reference to when we learned Welsh in Coventry. We then moved to an area of Wales where they spoke a dialect unlike any other (known locally as the WES WES!)(they pronounced OES as WES) - we were greeted like Welsh-speaking Martians: when you asked for something the grocer would shoot into the back and look the word up in his dictionary. We adopted a border collie which had been thrown out by its new owner after he had tried to work it in the local dialect: dog responded perfectly well to us - it turned out that first owner (deceased) had trained it in North Walian forms of dialect. Dog used to responding to TYRD YMA baffled by DERE'MA, and unable to use dictionary to translate.

Not a serious post, but I hope the original which started this thread wasn't too serious either!

[quote user="powerdesal"][quote user="Cassis"][quote user="powerdesal"][quote user="powerdesal"][quote user="Cassis"][quote user="powerdesal"][quote user="SaligoBay"][quote user="powerdesal"][quote user="SaligoBay"][quote user="Will "][quote user="SaligoBay"][quote user="Tony F Dordogne"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

OK Go for it

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Anyway, let's get back to the business in hand and stop posting without quoting, please, you lot!  This is a serious experiment to explore the limits of the Total France Universe.  We need to keep expanding at an ever increasing rate otherwise we'll collapse back in on ourselves. [:'(]

[quote user="Cassis"][quote user="powerdesal"][quote user="Cassis"][quote user="powerdesal"][quote user="powerdesal"][quote user="Cassis"][quote user="powerdesal"][quote user="SaligoBay"][quote user="powerdesal"][quote user="SaligoBay"][quote user="Will "][quote user="SaligoBay"][quote user="Tony F Dordogne"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

OK Go for it

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Anyway, let's get back to the business in hand and stop posting without quoting, please, you lot!  This is a serious experiment to explore the limits of the Total France Universe.  We need to keep expanding at an ever increasing rate otherwise we'll collapse back in on ourselves. [:'(]

[/quote]

OK, no more Welsh, no more bacon butties, just serious? scientific study   [geek]

[quote user="powerdesal"][quote user="Cassis"][quote user="powerdesal"][quote user="Cassis"][quote user="powerdesal"][quote user="powerdesal"][quote user="Cassis"][quote user="powerdesal"][quote user="SaligoBay"][quote user="powerdesal"][quote user="SaligoBay"][quote user="Will "][quote user="SaligoBay"][quote user="Tony F Dordogne"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

OK Go for it

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

OK, no more Welsh, no more bacon butties, just serious? scientific study   [geek]

[/quote]

Excellent, back on course.  I was going to ask, do you agree with the commonly held view that the universe is currently expanding both in space and

time? But how do we know that the universe is not currently collapsing?

By the way, we are definitely losing central posts now.