Irritated or not?

Evianers

[quote user="powerdesal"][quote user="Cassis"][quote user="Jon D"][quote user="Cassis"][quote user="Mark"][quote user="Mark"][quote user="Cassis"][quote user="Cassis"][quote user="Mark"]

Am I right in thinking that the majority of this thread is i-r-o-n-i-c?

[/quote]

No.  This is a serious discussion.

[/quote]

PS - I was being ironoc. 

PPS - That's the Breton spelling.

[/quote]

I know!  Just because I'm rubbish at sending emails doesn't mean I'm entirely stupid you know[;-)]...

[/quote]

If you do enough quotes of quotes of quotes a nice tunnel effect starts to develop.

[/quote]

So

if we keep doing this will we disappear into a vortex and emerge in an

alternative universe?  There's definitely something happening

because Dick's spelling and/or grammar is starting to diverge from its

normal parameters. "I didn't heard anybody" - doesn't sound like

something Dick in our universe would say, does it?

[/quote]

I''m willing to try if you guys are.

It can be quite bad around here too - I had to speak French to the

plumber only this afternoon. And when I go and try and teach the

ingrates at the school better English ('cos I know that they can

speak it really) they quite frequently torment me by requesting

instrctions in French or saying "zee" instead of "the." Little sods.

[/quote]

Judith started from a French language base of zero.  Now she has mastered the basics and can go shopping etc. sans chaperone.  Having got to this stage, the baker's wife suddenly asks Jude one morning if she will give her conversation sessions to perfect her English.  So you see, soon there will be one less French speaker in the village.  I have no idea how the other Ancinnois are going to manage to buy their bread and cakes once Karine (the baker's wife) has mastered English and abandons her mother tongue altogether.

[/quote]

But surely, following the convoluted logic of this thread, the other Ancinnois actually all speak English and are only speaking to Karine in French because they realise she is the non-English speaker. When she speaks English they will not need to speak French and you will all need another 'token French speaker' non?

[/quote]

I don't think it works that way, Steve.  Given a choice, it is obvious that everyone chooses to speak English rather than French.  All French persons, the Ancinnois included, would clearly prefer to speak English.  Once you can speak English you give up French.  Hence the difficulty in finding French teachers in France.  So once Karine has perfected her English she abandons French leaving the other villagers up the linguistic creek.

Look - the universe is expanding sideways!

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="Cassis"][quote user="powerdesal"][quote user="Cassis"][quote user="Jon D"][quote user="Cassis"][quote user="Mark"][quote user="Mark"][quote user="Cassis"][quote user="Cassis"][quote user="Mark"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

PS - I was being ironoc. 

[/quote]

I know!  Just because I'm rubbish at sending emails doesn't mean I'm entirely stupid you know[;-)]...

[/quote]

If you do enough quotes of quotes of quotes a nice tunnel effect starts to develop.

[/quote]

So

[/quote]

[/quote]

Judith started from a French language base of zero.  Now she has mastered the basics and can go shopping etc. sans chaperone.  Having got to this stage, the baker's wife suddenly asks Jude one morning if she will give her conversation sessions to perfect her English.  So you see, soon there will be one less French speaker in the village.  I have no idea how the other Ancinnois are going to manage to buy their bread and cakes once Karine (the baker's wife) has mastered English and abandons her mother tongue altogether.

[/quote]

But surely, following the convoluted logic of this thread, the other Ancinnois actually all speak English and are only speaking to Karine in French because they realise she is the non-English speaker. When she speaks English they will not need to speak French and you will all need another 'token French speaker' non?

[/quote]

I don't think it works that way, Steve.  Given a choice, it is obvious that everyone chooses to speak English rather than French.  All French persons, the Ancinnois included, would clearly prefer to speak English.  Once you can speak English you give up French.  Hence the difficulty in finding French teachers in France.  So once Karine has perfected her English she abandons French leaving the other villagers up the linguistic creek.

[/quote]

Nope, the quotes just keep on coming.

(I just love this visual representation of the space / time continuum).

And Will, you're right: Sourdeval high street is about 50/50 French / English businesses now. It's very strange. Just as my French really begins to improve... it appears I don't need it. [8-)]

[quote user="catalpa"][quote user="Cassis"][quote user="powerdesal"][quote user="Cassis"][quote user="Jon D"][quote user="Cassis"][quote user="Mark"][quote user="Mark"][quote user="Cassis"][quote user="Cassis"][quote user="Mark"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

PS - I was being ironoc. 

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

So

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

And Will, you're right: Sourdeval high street is about 50/50 French / English businesses now. It's very strange. Just as my French really begins to improve... it appears I don't need it. [8-)]

[/quote]

This proves the theory of the expanding universe. 

Dick - they spoke English on Planet of the Apes, as well.

Can anyone help me back on my feet, please?

[quote user="Cassis"][quote user="catalpa"][quote user="Cassis"][quote user="powerdesal"][quote user="Cassis"][quote user="Jon D"][quote user="Cassis"][quote user="Mark"][quote user="Mark"][quote user="Cassis"][quote user="Cassis"][quote user="Mark"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

PS - I was being ironoc. 

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

So

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

My universe has been expanding for years...

Feet almost OK now, but bit my lip eating dinner...

[quote user="Dick Smith"][quote user="Cassis"][quote user="catalpa"][quote user="Cassis"][quote user="powerdesal"][quote user="Cassis"][quote user="Jon D"][quote user="Cassis"][quote user="Mark"][quote user="Mark"][quote user="Cassis"][quote user="Cassis"][quote user="Mark"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

PS - I was being ironoc. 

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

So

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

It isn't working for me!  EEEEEK!

[quote user="Dick Smith"][quote user="Dick Smith"][quote user="Cassis"][quote user="catalpa"][quote user="Cassis"][quote user="powerdesal"][quote user="Cassis"][quote user="Jon D"][quote user="Cassis"][quote user="Mark"][quote user="Mark"][quote user="Cassis"][quote user="Cassis"][quote user="Mark"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

PS - I was being ironoc. 

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

So

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

It is now, Dick.  Welcome to our universe.  It's a bit damp at the minute but should be better by tomorrow.[:)]

[quote user="Cassis"][quote user="Dick Smith"][quote user="Dick Smith"][quote user="Cassis"][quote user="catalpa"][quote user="Cassis"][quote user="powerdesal"][quote user="Cassis"][quote user="Jon D"][quote user="Cassis"][quote user="Mark"][quote user="Mark"][quote user="Cassis"][quote user="Cassis"][quote user="Mark"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

PS - I was being ironoc. 

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

So

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

It is now, Dick.  Welcome to our universe.  It's a bit damp at the minute but should be better by tomorrow.[:)]

[/quote]

It's drying out nicely here. The suns are out.

[quote user="Dick Smith"][quote user="Cassis"][quote user="catalpa"][quote user="Cassis"][quote user="powerdesal"][quote user="Cassis"][quote user="Jon D"][quote user="Cassis"][quote user="Mark"][quote user="Mark"][quote user="Cassis"][quote user="Cassis"][quote user="Mark"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

PS - I was being ironoc. 

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

So if we keep doing this will we disappear into a vortex and emerge in an alternative universe?  There's definitely something happening because Dick's spelling and/or grammar is starting to diverge from its normal parameters. "I didn't heard anybody" - doesn't sound like something Dick in our universe would say, does it?
[/quote]

It can be quite bad around here too - I had to speak French to the plumber only this afternoon. And when I go and try and teach the ingrates at the school better English ('cos I know that they can speak it really) they quite frequently torment me by requesting instrctions in French or saying "zee" instead of "the." Little sods.
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I thought it was American rather than English that every Greek, Egyptian, Roman, Viking, ape etc spoke?

[quote user="Mark"]

[quote user="catalpa"]

[quote user="Cassis"]

[quote user="Dick Smith"]

[quote user="Cassis"]

[quote user="catalpa"]

[quote user="Cassis"]

[quote user="powerdesal"]

[quote user="Cassis"]

[quote user="Jon D"]

[quote user="Cassis"]

[quote user="Mark"]

[quote user="Mark"]

[quote user="Cassis"]

[quote user="Cassis"]

[quote user="Mark"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

PS - I was being ironoc. 

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

So

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I've got sore feet

[/quote]

EDIT: Damn! Forgot to hit quote!

[/quote]

[/quote]

I've seen lots of films about the Ancient Romans and Greeks (some with

articulated monsters) and they ALL spoke English. My feet still hurt.

Edit - Quote didn't work - have we gone a quote too far?

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I thought it was American rather than English that every Greek, Egyptian, Roman, Viking, ape etc spoke?

[/quote]

Careful, Mark, you missed out Catalpa's last post - I've pasted it back in.  And the others who forgot to hit quote!  I need a 42" computer screen.

The suns now are out here as well, Catalpa, though the green sun is on the wane.

I think we've broken the forum, though.

[quote user="Cassis"]

[quote user="Mark"]

[quote user="catalpa"]

[quote user="Cassis"]

[quote user="Cassis"]

[quote user="catalpa"]

[quote user="Cassis"]

[quote user="Cassis"]

[quote user="Jon D"]

[quote user="Cassis"]

[quote user="Mark"]

[quote user="Mark"]

[quote user="Cassis"]

[quote user="Cassis"]

[quote user="Mark"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

PS - I was being ironoc. 

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

So

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I've got sore feet

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I've seen lots of films about the Ancient Romans and Greeks (some with

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Careful, Mark, you missed out Catalpa's last post - I've pasted it back in.  And the others who forgot to hit quote!  I need a 42" computer screen.

The suns now are out here as well, Catalpa, though the green sun is on the wane.

[/quote]

Seems like we can only have so many quotes then the universe starts to collapse back in on itself and warp.  All looks fine in preview but not when posted.

[quote user="Cassis"][quote user="Cassis"]
[quote user="Mark"]
[quote user="catalpa"]
[quote user="Cassis"]
[quote user="Cassis"]
[quote user="catalpa"]
[quote user="Cassis"]
[quote user="Cassis"]
[quote user="Jon D"]
[quote user="Cassis"]
[quote user="Mark"]
[quote user="Mark"]
[quote user="Cassis"]
[quote user="Cassis"]
[quote user="Mark"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

PS - I was being ironoc. 

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

So if we keep doing this will we disappear into a vortex and emerge in an alternative universe?  There's definitely something happening because Dick's spelling and/or grammar is starting to diverge from its normal parameters. "I didn't heard anybody" - doesn't sound like something Dick in our universe would say, does it?

[/quote]

It can be quite bad around here too - I had to speak French to the plumber only this afternoon. And when I go and try and teach the ingrates at the school better English ('cos I know that they can speak it really) they quite frequently torment me by requesting instrctions in French or saying "zee" instead of "the." Little sods.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I've got sore feet

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I've seen lots of films about the Ancient Romans and Greeks (some with articulated monsters) and they ALL spoke English. My feet still hurt.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Seems like we can only have so many quotes then the universe starts to collapse back in on itself and warp.  All looks fine in preview but not when posted.

[/quote]

Just as I was about to crack its secrets!  The universe is a bit like Paul Daniels.  It'll pull you in so that you feel close enough to understand its mysteries, and then pull the carpet from under you.  It wouldn't fancy Debbie McGee though, not in a million light years.  Neither would it do panto in Scarborough.

[quote user="Mark"][quote user="Cassis"][quote user="Cassis"]

[quote user="Mark"]

[quote user="catalpa"]

[quote user="Cassis"]

[quote user="Cassis"]

[quote user="catalpa"]

[quote user="Cassis"]

[quote user="Cassis"]

[quote user="Jon D"]

[quote user="Cassis"]

[quote user="Mark"]

[quote user="Mark"]

[quote user="Cassis"]

[quote user="Cassis"]

[quote user="Mark"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

PS - I was being ironoc. 

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I've got sore feet

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I've seen lots of films about the Ancient Romans and Greeks (some with articulated monsters) and they ALL spoke English. My feet still hurt.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Just as I was about to crack its secrets!  The universe is a bit like Paul Daniels.  It'll pull you in so that you feel close enough to understand its mysteries, and then pull the carpet from under you.  It wouldn't fancy Debbie McGee though, not in a million light years.  Neither would it do panto in Scarborough.

[/quote]

I had never imagined that the universe in all its majesty could be comparable with the owner of Mother Shipton's Cave.  But now I seee the error of my thinking.

I have tried to rectify things with my sonic screwdriver but no dice.  It has altered the colour spectrum, but otherwise no change, captain.  Ah cannae do any mair.

[quote user="Cassis"][quote user="Mark"][quote user="Cassis"][quote user="Cassis"]
[quote user="Mark"]
[quote user="catalpa"]
[quote user="Cassis"]
[quote user="Cassis"]
[quote user="catalpa"]
[quote user="Cassis"]
[quote user="Cassis"]
[quote user="Jon D"]
[quote user="Cassis"]
[quote user="Mark"]
[quote user="Mark"]
[quote user="Cassis"]
[quote user="Cassis"]
[quote user="Mark"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

PS - I was being ironoc. 

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I've got sore feet

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I had never imagined that the universe in all its majesty could be comparable with the owner of Mother Shipton's Cave.  But now I seee the error of my thinking.

I have tried to rectify things with my sonic screwdriver but no dice.  It has altered the colour spectrum, but otherwise no change, captain.  Ah cannae do any mair.

[/quote]

Isn't it the wrong time of year for a nesting instinct?

[quote user="SaligoBay"][quote user="Cassis"][quote user="Mark"][quote user="Cassis"][quote user="Cassis"]

[quote user="Mark"]

[quote user="catalpa"]

[quote user="Cassis"]

[quote user="Cassis"]

[quote user="catalpa"]

[quote user="Cassis"]

[quote user="Cassis"]

[quote user="Jon D"]

[quote user="Cassis"]

[quote user="Mark"]

[quote user="Mark"]

[quote user="Cassis"]

[quote user="Cassis"]

[quote user="Mark"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

PS - I was being ironoc. 

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I've got sore feet

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I really don't think it is appropriate to make light of a serious scientific experiment, SB.  Although I do fear that we could disappear up our collective fundament at any moment if the shields fail.

[quote user="Cassis"][quote user="SaligoBay"][quote user="Cassis"][quote user="Mark"][quote user="Cassis"][quote user="Cassis"]

[quote user="Mark"]

[quote user="catalpa"]

[quote user="Cassis"]

[quote user="Cassis"]

[quote user="catalpa"]

[quote user="Cassis"]

[quote user="Cassis"]

[quote user="Jon D"]

[quote user="Cassis"]

[quote user="Mark"]

[quote user="Mark"]

[quote user="Cassis"]

[quote user="Cassis"]

[quote user="Mark"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

PS - I was being ironoc. 

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I've got sore feet

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I really don't think it is appropriate to make light of a serious scientific experiment, SB.  Although I do fear that we could disappear up our collective fundament at any moment if the shields fail.

[/quote]

We're doomed I tell ye, we're all Dooooooomed

[quote user="powerdesal"][quote user="Cassis"][quote

user="SaligoBay"][quote user="Cassis"][quote user="Mark"][quote

user="Cassis"][quote user="Cassis"]

[quote user="Mark"]

[quote user="catalpa"]

[quote user="Cassis"]

[quote user="Cassis"]

[quote user="catalpa"]

[quote user="Cassis"]

[quote user="Cassis"]

[quote user="Jon D"]

[quote user="Cassis"]

[quote user="Mark"]

[quote user="Mark"]

[quote user="Cassis"]

[quote user="Cassis"]

[quote user="Mark"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

PS - I was being ironoc. 

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

So if we keep doing this will we

disappear into a vortex and emerge in an alternative universe? 

There's definitely something happening because Dick's spelling and/or

grammar is starting to diverge from its normal parameters. "I didn't

heard anybody" - doesn't sound like something Dick in our universe

would say, does it?

[/quote]

It

can be quite bad around here too - I had to speak French to the plumber

only this afternoon. And when I go and try and teach the ingrates at

the school better English ('cos I know that they can

[/quote]

Judith

started from a French language base of zero.  Now she has mastered

the basics and can go shopping etc. sans chaperone.  Having got to

this stage, the baker's wife suddenly asks Jude one morning if she will

give her conversation sessions to perfect her English.  So you

see, soon there will be one less French speaker in the village.  I

have no idea how the other Ancinnois are going to manage to buy their

bread and cakes once Karine (the baker's wife) has mastered English and

abandons her mother tongue altogether.

[/quote]

But

surely, following the convoluted logic of this thread, the other

Ancinnois actually all speak English and are only speaking to Karine in

French because they realise she is the non-English speaker. When she

speaks English they will not need to speak French and you will all need

another 'token French speaker' non?

[/quote]

I've got sore feet

[/quote]

[/quote]

I

don't think it works that way, Steve.  Given a choice, it is

obvious that everyone chooses to speak English rather than

French.  All French persons, the Ancinnois included, would clearly

prefer to speak English.  Once you can speak English you give up

French.  Hence the difficulty in finding French teachers in

France.  So once Karine has perfected her English she abandons

French leaving the other villagers up the linguistic creek.

[/quote]

I've

seen lots of films about the Ancient Romans and Greeks (some with

[/quote]

And

Will, you're right: Sourdeval high street is about 50/50 French /

English businesses now. It's very strange. Just as my French really

begins to improve... it appears I don't need it. [8-)]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Careful,

Mark, you missed out Catalpa's last post - I've pasted it back

in.  And the others who forgot to hit quote!  I need a 42"

computer screen.

[/quote]

Seems

like we can only have so many quotes then the universe starts to

collapse back in on itself and warp.  All looks fine in preview

but not when posted.

[/quote]

Just as I was about to crack its secrets!  The universe is a

bit like Paul Daniels.  It'll pull you in so that you feel close

enough to understand its mysteries, and then pull the carpet from under

you.  It wouldn't fancy Debbie McGee though, not in a million

light years.  Neither would it do panto in Scarborough.

[/quote]

I had

never imagined that the universe in all its majesty could be comparable

with the owner of Mother Shipton's Cave.  But now I seee the error

of my thinking.

I have tried to rectify things with my sonic

screwdriver but no dice.  It has altered the colour spectrum, but

otherwise no change, captain.  Ah cannae do any mair.

[/quote]

[/quote]

I

really don't think it is appropriate to make light of a serious

scientific experiment, SB.  Although I do fear that we could

disappear up our collective fundament at any moment if the shields fail.

[/quote]

[/quote]

You know, this could be a way of actually torturing computers! I almost

feel sorry for the poor thing. Interesting experiment though!

[quote user="Jon D"][quote user="powerdesal"][quote user="Cassis"][quote

[quote user="Mark"]

[quote user="catalpa"]

[quote user="Cassis"]

[quote user="Cassis"]

[quote user="catalpa"]

[quote user="Cassis"]

[quote user="Cassis"]

[quote user="Jon D"]

[quote user="Cassis"]

[quote user="Mark"]

[quote user="Mark"]

[quote user="Cassis"]

[quote user="Cassis"]

[quote user="Mark"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

PS - I was being ironoc. 

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

would say, does it?

[/quote]

It

[/quote]

Judith

[/quote]

But

[/quote]

I've got sore feet

[/quote]

[/quote]

I

[/quote]

I've

[/quote]

And

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Careful,

computer screen.

[/quote]

Seems

but not when posted.

[/quote]

[/quote]

I had

of my thinking.

[/quote]

[/quote]

I

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Anybody bring a towel? 

If this thing breaks, it's Mark's fault, by the way.  Nowt to do with me.

[quote user="Cassis"][quote user="Jon D"][quote user="powerdesal"][quote user="Cassis"][quote

[quote user="Mark"]

[quote user="catalpa"]

[quote user="Cassis"]

[quote user="Cassis"]

[quote user="catalpa"]

[quote user="Cassis"]

[quote user="Cassis"]

[quote user="Jon D"]

[quote user="Cassis"]

[quote user="Mark"]

[quote user="Mark"]

[quote user="Cassis"]

[quote user="Cassis"]

[quote user="Mark"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

PS - I was being ironoc. 

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

would say, does it?

[/quote]

It

[/quote]

Judith

[/quote]

But

[/quote]

I've got sore feet

[/quote]

[/quote]

I

[/quote]

I've

[/quote]

And

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Careful,

computer screen.

[/quote]

Seems

but not when posted.

[/quote]

[/quote]

I had

of my thinking.

[/quote]

[/quote]

I

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Anybody bring a towel? 

[/quote]

Whatever happened to a united front!!!!! No, you're in this up to the neck. One goes down, we all go down, OK?

Anyway, we're not trying to break it, we're just testing it to destruction. One is definately more scientific than the other....

[quote user="Jon D"][quote user="Cassis"][quote user="Jon D"][quote user="powerdesal"][quote user="Cassis"][quote

[quote user="Mark"]

[quote user="catalpa"]

[quote user="Cassis"]

[quote user="Cassis"]

[quote user="catalpa"]

[quote user="Cassis"]

[quote user="Cassis"]

[quote user="Jon D"]

[quote user="Cassis"]

[quote user="Mark"]

[quote user="Mark"]

[quote user="Cassis"]

[quote user="Cassis"]

[quote user="Mark"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

PS - I was being ironoc. 

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

would say, does it?

[/quote]

It

[/quote]

Judith

[/quote]

But

[/quote]

I've got sore feet

[/quote]

[/quote]

I

[/quote]

I've

[/quote]

And

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Careful,

computer screen.

[/quote]

Seems

but not when posted.

[/quote]

[/quote]

I had

of my thinking.

[/quote]

[/quote]

I

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Anybody bring a towel? 

[/quote]

Whatever happened to a united front!!!!! No, you're in this up to the neck. One goes down, we all go down, OK?

Anyway, we're not trying to break it, we're just testing it to destruction. One is definately more scientific than the other....

[/quote]

Okay, Jon, I'm right behind you.  But I can hear the sound of the elastic starting to creak and I'm sure it's going to snap any minute.  How else to you explain the weird text colours and everything except that we must be dragging the forum to the edge of a very large BLACK HOLE ?

[quote user="Cassis"][quote user="Jon D"][quote user="Cassis"][quote user="Jon D"][quote user="powerdesal"][quote user="Cassis"][quote user="SaligoBay"][quote user="Cassis"][quote user="Mark"][quote user="Cassis"][quote user="Cassis"]
[quote user="Mark"]
[quote user="catalpa"]
[quote user="Cassis"]
[quote user="Cassis"]
[quote user="catalpa"]
[quote user="Cassis"]
[quote user="Cassis"]
[quote user="Jon D"]
[quote user="Cassis"]
[quote user="Mark"]
[quote user="Mark"]
[quote user="Cassis"]
[quote user="Cassis"]
[quote user="Mark"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

PS - I was being ironoc. 

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I've got sore feet

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You know, this could be a way of actually torturing computers! I almost feel sorry for the poor thing. Interesting experiment though!
[/quote]

Anybody bring a towel? 

[/quote]

[/quote]

Okay, Jon, I'm right behind you.  But I can hear the sound of the elastic starting to creak and I'm sure it's going to snap any minute.  How else to you explain the weird text colours and everything except that we must be dragging the forum to the edge of a very large BLACK HOLE ?
[/quote]

I can feel my pulse rate rising

As I approach the event horizon

But singularity isn't nice

There'll be no more going to the cinema thrice

For Dick.

[quote user="SaligoBay"][quote user="Cassis"][quote user="Jon D"][quote

user="Cassis"][quote user="Jon D"][quote user="powerdesal"][quote

user="Cassis"][quote user="SaligoBay"][quote user="Cassis"][quote

user="Mark"][quote user="Cassis"][quote user="Cassis"]

[quote user="Mark"]

[quote user="catalpa"]

[quote user="Cassis"]

[quote user="Cassis"]

[quote user="catalpa"]

[quote user="Cassis"]

[quote user="Cassis"]

[quote user="Jon D"]

[quote user="Cassis"]

[quote user="Mark"]

[quote user="Mark"]

[quote user="Cassis"]

[quote user="Cassis"]

[quote user="Mark"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

PS - I was being ironoc. 

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

would say, does it?

[/quote]

It

[/quote]

Judith

[/quote]

But

[/quote]

I've got sore feet

[/quote]

[/quote]

I

[/quote]

I've

[/quote]

And

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Careful,

computer screen.

[/quote]

Seems

but not when posted.

[/quote]

[/quote]

I had

of my thinking.

[/quote]

[/quote]

I really don't think

it is appropriate to make light of a serious scientific experiment,

SB.  Although I do fear that we could disappear up our collective

fundament at any moment if the shields fail.

[/quote]

[/quote]

You

know, this could be a way of actually torturing computers! I almost

[/quote]

Anybody bring a towel? 

[/quote]

[/quote]

Okay,

Jon, I'm right behind you.  But I can hear the sound of the

elastic starting to creak and I'm sure it's going to snap any

minute.  How else to you explain the weird text colours and

everything except that we must be dragging the forum to the edge of a

very large
BLACK HOLE ?

[/quote]

For Dick.

[/quote]

Then, to the bitter end!

[quote user="Jon D"][quote user="SaligoBay"][quote user="Cassis"][quote user="Jon D"][quote user="Cassis"][quote user="Jon D"][quote user="powerdesal"][quote user="Cassis"][quote user="SaligoBay"][quote user="Cassis"][quote user="Mark"][quote user="Cassis"][quote user="Cassis"]
[quote user="Mark"]
[quote user="catalpa"]
[quote user="Cassis"]
[quote user="Cassis"]
[quote user="catalpa"]
[quote user="Cassis"]
[quote user="Cassis"]
[quote user="Jon D"]
[quote user="Cassis"]
[quote user="Mark"]
[quote user="Mark"]
[quote user="Cassis"]
[quote user="Cassis"]
[quote user="Mark"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

PS - I was being ironoc. 

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I've got sore feet

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You know, this could be a way of actually torturing computers! I almost feel sorry for the poor thing. Interesting experiment though!
[/quote]

Anybody bring a towel? 

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

For Dick.

[/quote]

Then, to the bitter end!
[/quote]

We'll all need new names when we topple into the Black Hole.

Doppler Dick

Redshift Russethouse

Next please........

[quote user="Jon D"][quote user="SaligoBay"][quote user="Cassis"][quote user="Jon D"][quote

[quote user="Mark"]

[quote user="catalpa"]

[quote user="Cassis"]

[quote user="Cassis"]

[quote user="catalpa"]

[quote user="Cassis"]

[quote user="Cassis"]

[quote user="Jon D"]

[quote user="Cassis"]

[quote user="Mark"]

[quote user="Mark"]

[quote user="Cassis"]

[quote user="Cassis"]

[quote user="Mark"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

PS - I was being ironoc. 

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

would say, does it?

[/quote]

It

[/quote]

Judith

[/quote]

But

[/quote]

I've got sore feet

[/quote]

[/quote]

I

[/quote]

I've

[/quote]

And

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Careful,

computer screen.

[/quote]

Seems

but not when posted.

[/quote]

[/quote]

I had

of my thinking.

[/quote]

[/quote]

I really don't think

[/quote]

[/quote]

You

[/quote]

Anybody bring a towel? 

[/quote]

[/quote]

Okay,

very large
BLACK HOLE ?

[/quote]

For Dick.

[/quote]

Then, to the bitter end!

[/quote]

Wow. The QUOTE button is shimmering off to the east and I can't find a wo0t anywhere...[:'(] Teal'c?

[quote user="SaligoBay"][quote user="Jon D"][quote

user="SaligoBay"][quote user="Cassis"][quote user="Jon D"][quote

[quote user="Mark"]

[quote user="catalpa"]

[quote user="Cassis"]

[quote user="Cassis"]

[quote user="catalpa"]

[quote user="Cassis"]

[quote user="Cassis"]

[quote user="Jon D"]

[quote user="Cassis"]

[quote user="Mark"]

[quote user="Mark"]

[quote user="Cassis"]

[quote user="Cassis"]

[quote user="Mark"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

PS - I was being ironoc. 

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

would say, does it?

[/quote]

It

[/quote]

Judith

[/quote]

But

[/quote]

I've got sore feet

[/quote]

[/quote]

I

[/quote]

I've

[/quote]

And

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Careful,

computer screen.

[/quote]

Seems

but not when posted.

[/quote]

[/quote]

I had

of my thinking.

[/quote]

[/quote]

I really don't think

[/quote]

[/quote]

You

[/quote]

Anybody bring a towel? 

[/quote]

[/quote]

Okay,

very large
BLACK HOLE ?

[/quote]

For Dick.

[/quote]

Then, to the bitter end!

[/quote]

We'll all need new names when we topple into the Black Hole.

Doppler Dick

Redshift Russethouse

Next please........

[/quote]

Couldn't Dick be "Deadeye Dick?" Sounds terribly space adventurist

that. Then I could be "Jonnie Jetstream" in a sort of boy wonder rôle.