• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite a trick, levitating it like that.

As an aside, and this is a genuine question not in any way a dig,

slight or insult, I do wonder what proportion of internet forums

actually achieve the critical mass to become successful? Is there a

formula, a number of active participants, a level of posts-per-day,etc

that must be reached in order for a forum to thrive?

I saw him while I was 'stumbling' with Firefox, on a forum that I don't know know if I am allowed to mention....it was along the lines of the TV show 'Grumpy Old Men' or G O G's...that's all I can say.....but it seems to be right up his street![:)]

[quote user="Jon D"] Is there a formula, a number of active participants, a level of posts-per-day,etc that must be reached in order for a forum to thrive? [/quote]

There are a few people around who were present when this site had only a handful of members. I think Gay (Russethouse) may be one of them. Also there are members here who joined TotalFrance in its early days...

It'd be interesting to hear their responses to your questions.

Yes. It's all getting very confusing. We presumably can't talk about that GOG thing because that is still live and the Worshipful Guild of Forum Administrators has rules which Must Be Obeyed (do they belong to the Junior Ganymede Club one asks oneself?) but as Mr T has stalked off the pitch with ball, parts of the net and the whitewash bucket, he has presumably allowed his membership to lapse, so there can be no possible reason not to allow discussion of what is now an historical situation, in exactly the same way it would be rather silly to ban discussion of the Austro-Hungarian Empire or the Hughes Aviation Company. Or am I missing something dreadfully anally-retentive?

Until we are told otherwise I think it best not to discuss 'the forum that cannot be discussed' because although the forum has been removed the web site it was part of / linked to is still 'live' and I think has been revamped.

I would also rather that banned members were not discussed either, sooner or later someone will post something derogatory and  we get complaints which is hardly surprising.

Your co operation would be appreciated

What have GOGIF got to do with it ?

PS Dick there is a company that will moderate forums for a fee......

[quote user="chris pp"]

Sorry, error

Chris

[/quote]

Error? What error?

Chris, I must tell you sometime how I'm getting on with the wild flower (and weed) section sometime. It's been a thrilling time with many discoveries, but you knew that would happen all along, didn't you?[:D]

[quote user="nicktrollope"]

(the heroes, of) the forum of the website-that-cannot-be-named-because-gay-says-not?

Has Trevor banned his entire userbase at last? or has Ou*** finally gone supernova?

We should be told.

[/quote]

Dick Smith wrote            Opas, I don't think it was him we were talking about. Sorry.

errrrrrrrr