Whatever happened to....

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="catalpa"]Are you saying you were Abrivado? - who I remember well. Well, her posts anyway. But indeed, I thought Abrivado was still here and posting in her new incarnation... not that she arranges flowers, you understand... [:D] Though I recollect a fondness for plastic varieties...

[/quote]

No, no, no!!!    Not what I meant at all - glad to see that the lady herself is still looking in, and putting things straight.

The very last thing I would want is for it to be thought that I was trying to assume the identity of the incomparable SB!!

In answer to Punch's enquiry, before I was Lindsey2 I was just plain Lindsey (not much imagination, you see),  and although, like many others,  I lost all previous posts in The Great Changeover, there were never that many of them - in real life, as on here, I am a background kind of person.......

Regards,

Lindsey

PS.   Would very much like to be inserting smileys at appropriate places, but they never seem to   work for me (my technical aptitude is extremely limited).

Well I've had 3 but only due to the forum format changing over the years and not allowing us to keep our former identities.  Also lost all previous postings, otherwise I'd be up somewhere between 5-10,000 by now I should think!!

[quote user="St Amour"][quote user="Russethouse"]

One of the first things I remember was a desperate search in the Uk for some toy that Punch's daughters really really wanted for Christmas, it had everyone scouring the shops !

Thanks for the kind words, Punch.

[/quote]

Yes Gay it was some Disney thing that I was going to bring out for him when we came for Christmas but although I went into the Disney store in Regent Street and most Argos and Toysrus in Herts and central and North London I never did manage to get it for him.

[/quote]

Yes it was a Minnie Mouse Disney projector - never did find it! Must have been rarer than a Tracey Island!!

Do you know what Cassis I never even thought about being able to reclaim Dotty.  I think when I was having loads of ag, I was struggling to log on and I had to rejoin and couldn't use Dotty so I had/have several 'hot' accounts and I rejoined using Dotty2, then the same problem occured, so I became Dotty3.

Clear as mud?

Have just changed my name back so hopefully I will be reborn into Dotty. [:D]

Well that's amazing!  The old software never allowed you to do that.  If you tried to use your old name it said that someone else already had it - even though that someone was you!  But now I can return to my original identity and put the St Amour back in the wine rack!!![:D]

[quote user="Coco"]Well that's amazing!  The old software never

allowed you to do that.  If you tried to use your old name it said

that someone else already had it - even though that someone was

you!  But now I can return to my original identity and put the St

Amour back in the wine rack!!![:D][/quote]

Coo - I feel properly whole again! I've not been simply "Jon" for YEARS!

Hi Coco, Russethouse, Jon, Will, Punch, SB and a lot of other names I remember from days gone by. I've still got the same identity - just no time to post these days. I look in from time to time and hadn't even noticed that some people had changed their names - I just wondered where they'd gone!

Margaret.