& just as we thought things were going well.......

ali-cat

Not wishing to sound "holier than thou" but I played ultra safe and transferred my balance nearly a month in advance.

I hit a decent rate with HiFX, one which actually made the house price effectively cheaper than that at which we had agreed to buy.

Also it was just before Xmas and I was concerned that the rate might soften over the holiday period, which it did so it was a good call, and frankly, the amount of interest my money would have earned sitting in my UK bank for another couple of weeks was not worth not transferring it.

I followed up by checking with the Marie that it had arrived safely, which it did in about 5 days !

I sometimes think that the type of folks who hang on to their lolly to the last instant are playing a potentially very expensive game.

0% credit deals are the best fun where someone's had perhaps 12/24/36/48 or even 60 months free and then leave it to the very last day before the money is due then send a cheque by 2nd class post and look surprised when they get a bill for the interest because the due amount wasn't paid in time.

Just back home (to the Gite) again!!  Absolutley knackered (can I say that? & will it appear?!!)

Everythings signed, sealed & delivered!!  Went out to the house afterwards to run around it shouting "it's ours!!"  Furniture arriving tomorrow & then it will start to feel like ours.  Probably move in on Friday or Saturday & will get some photos asap!! [:D] 

That's brilliant - I can remember doing much the same thing, but we were sniffing the damp, recoiling from the wallpaper and wondering how to get rid of the trees that had fallen in the Millenium Storm!

Very, very pleased for you. I hope you have as much happiness in your place as we have had in ours (and we are only there for 10 weeks a year!)

[quote user="hastobe"]Congrats Ali!!!!!!!!   Its finally yours [:)]......now how about that coffee? (We should be over next week for a few days [:)])

Kathie
[/quote]

Just say the word ...... & the kettle will be boiling!!  Everyone's welcome - as long as you bring cake or buns!!  [:D]

A certain Mrs Tresco is already invited & hopefully coming to visit us, very soon!! [:D]