Whatever happened to....

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nick, I'm sorry but your original post was a bit too "in" for me - I am too recent a forum member to have recognised the reference and the person to whom you were referring.  The fact that they were "unmentionable" did not help.  The discussion about Katie's knees was just more fun.

[quote user="Just Katie "] Talking about weird avatars, I cannot decide whether Demios' is a mushroom or the moon.  Any offers?[/quote]I had always assumed it to be the planet Deimos, but now I think it is the Dark Side of the moon.[;-)]

Just remembered that of course Deimos is a moon anyway (one of Mars's? - wasn't it one of the horses which pulled his chariot) so probably the avatar on here is its Dark Side.

[quote user="Clair"]Your knee shot from below gives me dizzy spells![blink][/quote]

I think it is taken whilst sitting, looking down the legs to the feet, is that a toe I can see?[:)]

When I first saw it I thought it was shot looking up to a bare pregnant tummy of a women standing with arms out sideways[:-))]

Sometimes you can't see for looking! 

Chipie

[quote user="Just Katie "]

Hi Nick,

I think if you look back along the thread, your question has been answered.  Speaking on avatars, and I hope you don't mind me asking, but is that a photo of you?

[/quote]

It has? No, it hasn't. Someone (NNNP, unless pressed) has got the wrong end of the stick...

& no, it's not me, it's Daniel (now aged 6).

Whatever happened to:

Another forum, whose name I can't mention? I believe the owner of the site disabled the forum.

I ask, because a former ..... errrr... contributor now appears here (one can tell by the contoversial style, you know).  Mel is posting here and like everyone else, as long as he stays within the Code of Conduct he is welcome.

Is this a take over bid?  I doubt it but if it is I hope they have lots of money and can start paying into the mods sweetie fund [:D]

[quote user="nicktrollope"][quote user="Russethouse"]

I believe the owner of the site disabled the forum.

[/quote]

We all know that, but why?

[/quote]

Was it because it became a bit of a headache for him with all the (shall we say) strong characters from over here 'having a bit of fun' and eventually getting banned?  That is my interepretation, but I would like to know too.  Gay, would Mel be allowed to tell us or are we still all gagged with regards to this topic?

[quote user="Chipie"]

When I first saw it I thought it was shot looking up to a bare pregnant tummy of a women standing with arms out sideways[:-))]

Chipie

[/quote]

Blinking 'eck Chipie - you've been looking at too many of those Magic Eye 3-D drawings gal!

[quote user="Just Katie "]Come on then Nick, I will PM him if you will.  You go first.[/quote]

Why?

I have just looked thruogh my old PM's - plenty of interesting comments about "that other place" - can we still not mention it, even though Trevor has long ago thrown his toys out of the pram - thought; is he here too?

& I see we have another mod jumping on the off-post-bandwagon now. TF here we come (that's Total France, which I assume we can mention).

[quote user="TWINKLE"]This thread is bonkers![:P][/quote]I'm glad I'm not alone in thinking that.  It's as puzzling as trying to work out the National winner!  I have absolutely no idea who or what is being talked about here.... 

Now, back to Katie's knees and those jeans....

[quote user="Cat"]But Twinks, that's exactly what I first thought it was too.  I did think though that her right arm was a little (how shall I say this?) muscular [8-)][/quote]

Phewww, I'm not alone on this one then! Well I only thought that when I saw it late one night when JK first put it on [:-))]

Chipie

[quote user="TWINKLE"]Sorry - don't know where to put this  (I know someone will suggest somewhere[:)]) but I just had a thought after speaking to JK on the phone.  The only 'normal' Welsh person who has visited me in France is Missy[:-))][/quote]

But, Twinks, isn't that one of the nicest things about us folks from west of Offa's D y k e; we don't pretend to be "normal"?

True!

Missy is French by the way but lives in Wales[:)]  I've just got in touch with a schoolfriend I haven't seen since we were both18 and she will probably make an appearance at my place soon.  She's never pretended to be "normal" ever and has changed her name from Tracey to Infinity[:)]

Looking forward to seeing what the locals  make of her[:D]

I think that is a bit unkind Nick. I actually left the other forum well before it closed and during my brief time as a mod on there, only ever banned one person. If you look at my joining date for this forum, you will see it is the same as yours, I just did not use it so much then.

It would be very wrong of me to discuss the other forum other than to say that Trevor is a genuinely nice guy who would do anything for anybody, but I am not sure running a forum was a good idea.

In posting on here, I endeavour to enjoy doing so, learn a bit from others, help some people and poke a bit of fun. I never get personal about other people and I fail to see where my posts are trite. If you have any specific questions you think I could answer, why not PM me? 

PS - thanks for the welcome JK and Chris.