U.K.DEBT WHEN MOVING ABROAD

[quote user="Ron Avery"]

Already been done to death see here if you are really interested, http://www.completefrance.com/cs/forums/978880/ShowPost.aspx

In future I'm not going to reply to any of these discuss type posts or to posters who cannot be bothered to say where they live.

[/quote]

Why is it so important that you need to ask the question ( where they  live)

If you are a genuine poster, you can easily say where you live, it helps when answering  to know where people live and if they are resident, visitors or just timewasters.

Unfortunately this Forum like many others attracts,  at times people who are writing books or are on school holidays and have too much time on their hands with no connection with anything French.

Those threads you have been given links to will adequately answer your original question.

[quote user="Ron Avery"]

If you are a genuine poster, you can easily say where you live, it helps when answering  to know where people live and if they are resident, visitors or just timewasters.

Unfortunately this Forum like many others attracts,  at times people who are writing books or are on school holidays and have too much time on their hands with no connection with anything French.

Those threads you have been given links to will adequately answer your original question.

[/quote]

Thanking you for your promt answer,

I am not any of the persons you write about above,just a newbe to the foum world.

It seems i will have to learn quicker if i wish to carry on.

home is in FRANCE and has been for many years in Dept.24

It is the P.C.world that is very new allso.

As Ron says, we do sometimes do get posters that are not genuine Magaret.  There's even a bit in the forum code of conduct about it ...

The forum is an open discussion board for Francophiles. Please be aware that it is a message board which from time to time is visited by hoaxers and those not necessarily interested in discussing France and French lifestyle. If you encounter users who you feel are abusing the message boards, please do not respond to them. These users are only encouraged when their messages provoke a response, so the best thing you can do is ignore them. Click on the 'Report' link on their message and Forum Admin or a moderator will deal with the complaint.

[quote user="Cat"]

As Ron says, we do sometimes do get posters that are not genuine Magaret.  There's even a bit in the forum code of conduct about it ...

The forum is an open discussion board for Francophiles. Please be aware that it is a message board which from time to time is visited by hoaxers and those not necessarily interested in discussing France and French lifestyle. If you encounter users who you feel are abusing the message boards, please do not respond to them. These users are only encouraged when their messages provoke a response, so the best thing you can do is ignore them. Click on the 'Report' link on their message and Forum Admin or a moderator will deal with the complaint.

[/quote]

Thanking you allso.

But it looks to me the short time here,that one or two people jump down hard on some posters.

[quote user="magaret"]

But it looks to me the short time here,that one or two people jump down hard on some posters.[/quote]

You're right, and it's often the same one or two. On the other hand, your question strikes me as an odd maiden posting. It raises questions about why you are interested in it and many members here are very much against the sort of people who would do a runner abroad to escape debt.

Maybe a bit of background explaining why you are interested might help.

All of this being said, it is true that is was a tradition of running off abroad to escape debt and there may be a few in France or, even worse, Spain, who have left something behind. I have come across lots in my career.

What else is there to say? You do or you don't do a runner. Whilst I would not condone such behaviour I can understand it to a certain extent.

I wouldn't worry about the fierce creatures on here too much. Just bite back and they will eat out of your hand, or ignore them and they fade away like ghosts in Belgium.

[quote user="woolybananasbrother"]

All of this being said, it is true that is was a tradition of running off abroad to escape debt and there may be a few in France or, even worse, Spain, who have left something behind. I have come across lots in my career.

What else is there to say? You do or you don't do a runner. Whilst I would not condone such behaviour I can understand it to a certain extent.

I wouldn't worry about the fierce creatures on here too much. Just bite back and they will eat out of your hand, or ignore them and they fade away like ghosts in Belgium.

[/quote]

I have  met one or two in France over the years,and one pair that have been many years.,  are now running back U.K. as they are getting near 65yrs,and wonder why.

Could it for free hand outs?

Lack of  pension, inability to fund health care, or just age. Loads do go "back" when they get on a bit as "back" represents some sort of security. And they may miss their family too.

Of course, benefits can be a great pull. Buy a little cottage in the property crash and live off the state, a possible scenario, I guess.

And maybe they are worried that france is tightening up generally on expats and they might be caught.

I robbed the local Post Office, before coming out here. No one was hurt, of course, because the money didn't actually belong to anyone,

I found people to be so horribly judgemental about the means by which I escaped my debts and built my new life, I stopped mentioning it.