• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At times, JE, I could really hate you!

[:D][:P]

Great pic, JE!

Aces.[B][B]

Thanks, John: there really is no need, in my book to become rather exercised when we are meant to be doing this for (a) Information and (b) Fun!

All we have to do now is think up another subject which is non-contentious......................

Ummm.............................[blink]

In my personal opinion and it is just that, I find Living France Forums at the moment dull to the point of tedium. I have migrated elsewhere recently to another forum. I find the discussions are more interesting. lively and informative. Many posts are actually about France and it's problems, rather than how 'wonderful life is' or 'here we are at last' etc, etc.

I think this forum has become a little like an elderly relative. Someone you hold in affection but don't really want to spend much time with because the conversation or subject matter is not sufficently challenging or relevant.

I'm beginning to feel the same about the forum as Logan. But I think it's partly because I've been a member for a long time, and many of the topics are repeats of what has gone before. The newer members start to take over and that's a good thing, get some fresh ideas and new debates maybe.

[quote user="Gluestick"]All we have to do now is think up another subject which is non-contentious......................[/quote]

I still like this Forum and it's the only one that I post on.  This thread is a kind-of tongue-in-cheek let's-be-bored thread, which in itself is amusing.

So let's start another subject:

How did you meet your partner?

Most of the cureent bunch of strikers in France are just good for nothings who dont want to pay their fair share having been feather bedded for far too long. Like those on inflation proof guaranteed government pensions in the uk. Just parasites really. Living off the labours of honest productive workers.

Discuss, if it is allowed[6]

The one in the 60's New Orleans, Baba.

By the way, I understood that the French Revolutionary Government gave the vote to foreigners who lived in France. Is it the influx of Brits in les banlieux which has changed their minds? Suntans?

http://www.lemonde.fr/societe/article/2008/05/22/l-assemblee-refuse-d-accorder-le-droit-de-vote-aux-etrangers_1048540_3224.html#ens_id=1031893

For God's sake, Cathy, don't ask him about the ex!  And, if I were you, I'd not tempt him on the subject of the ex MIL either,

On second thoughts, ask him if you like, but there is only so much taunting a man can take.  I'm off to bed, don't like too much self-flagellation.  Perhaps that's why I never made a good Catholic despite being a convent girl.

[quote user="Russethouse"]

The answer is simple Logan, if you would like something 'interesting, lively and informative' then YOU post it. (as I already said to Sweet 17)

Not much good complaining unless you are prepared to do your bit too [:)][:)]

[/quote]

I was not complaining RH. I offered an opinion and my personal observation. If I made a complaint it would be in detail and have a particular purpose.

[quote user="Gluestick"]

At times, JE, I could really hate you!

[:D][:P]

[/quote][:D]

Here's another one, taken from my Avatar (if you get my meaning...)  Although on the whole, I prefer to be overtaken by the Inaltera!

[IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/cooperlola/Copy2oflmstoryquali07-3121.jpg[/IMG]

What's going on in my neck of the woods beggars belief, having bought outside the village for that rural idyll we now find a long strip of land alongside the road divided up into 5 plots and foundations.
A new disney take on a charentaise single storey with every bolt-on imaginable showhouse emerging where previously there was only hay . . . Is this a good thing I ask myself?

[quote user="cooperlola"]Here's another one, taken from my Avatar (if you get my meaning...)  Although on the whole, I prefer to be overtaken by the Inaltera![/quote]

Hope you won't mind, but I made it lighter...

[IMG]http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q296/clair46/Copy2oflmstoryquali07-3121-1.jpg[/IMG]