eBay ruling

This another ruling I think and to put it mildly it is an outrage, a politically motivated piece of nonsense to protect the snobs and rich who live off so called top of the range labels. They want to control where their expensive junk is sold so they can charge outrageous prices to the so called rich leaving the poor slavering for stuff that aint worth the candle. And who pay lousy wages to their employees to make more bucks.

It also protects the useless French auctioneering fraternity who have been gunning for Ebay for a while.

I could go on and have done elsewhere. Please, buy counterfeits, dont buy the real thing, spread these things as far as possible to devalue the snobs and their symbols. (But dont break the law)!!!!!

ebay is egalitarian and so good. These companies are only interested in Egalité amongst the rich  people who live off others backs. And represent the ultimate failure of the French Revolution.

All well and good, but people thought that they where buying the real thing and eneded up defrauded. The whole 'fake' market is apart of of a wider cash producing enterprise, which feeds other criminal activity, i.e. drugs, terrorism, genocide etc. etc. Buying fake justs adds to the worlds woes, whatever you think of the top end brands. Best to but ethical cheap brands if you have issues. Aviod anything made in China (inc Fakes) because if the use of child slave labour.

It's not all about fake goods, it's also about restricted markets.

The four perfume companies named in the article are saying that they want to select who can sell their goods.

They're not fake perfumes, they're "illicit sales" of real perfumes.

How much do you think these wonderful French brands pay in France; in the country where jobs are scarce where women are glad to work? Le SMIC.

The problem is that slimy scum who have floated to the top by distinctly dodgy means are trying to protect their extortionate living standards, on the backs of the poor. Let them produce a whole range of goods for all pockets, not just for the slime that hide their money in numbered accounts in BafumaroBumbi or who have hidden incomes from the European parliament or Europe or legalized legislative whoring.

Let them create proper jobs in France or wherever and bags for all pockets, as do the motor manufacturers.

They encourage the idea that money spent on counterfeiting is used for nefarious purposes to protect their own ultimate dishonesty. They have corrupted Europe with their secret elitism, let them suffer the consequences.

Look at motor parts. Just a prote'cted means for the inefficient manufacturers to make money. and how did they get this protected status? By secret lobbying and bribing at the centre where the citizen has bu gger all to say.

I think they learnt from Hitler.

Ebay is blameless in this, but a bouc emissaire for their nastiness.

[quote user="woolybananasbrother"]

This another ruling I think and to put it mildly it is an outrage, a politically motivated piece of nonsense to protect the snobs and rich who live off so called top of the range labels. They want to control where their expensive junk is sold so they can charge outrageous prices to the so called rich leaving the poor slavering for stuff that aint worth the candle. And who pay lousy wages to their employees to make more bucks.

It also protects the useless French auctioneering fraternity who have been gunning for Ebay for a while.

I could go on and have done elsewhere. Please, buy counterfeits, dont buy the real thing, spread these things as far as possible to devalue the snobs and their symbols. (But dont break the law)!!!!!

ebay is egalitarian and so good. These companies are only interested in Egalité amongst the rich  people who live off others backs. And represent the ultimate failure of the French Revolution.

[/quote]

Ok WB - Several times there has been fake Quimper on eBay, usually sold as the genuine article - all that does is rob either Faiencerie Art Breton or HB Henriot of sales.

There is a real struggle to keep HB Henriot going, painters with years of training are being lost to the industry, craftsmen are being made redundant - FAB have started a chromo range, much against their principals, in order to survive.

Over 300 years of tradition in the production of faience is in jeopardy

It isn't always as you describe it, these fakes also endanger industries outside the Far East.

I agree, the brands are trying and succeding in controlling the retail side BUT and a big but is law was used not only to 'protect markets' but also to stop the sale of fake brands. If it was only for protect market status the brands would have gone down the same road, that was used in the U.K. years ago. Hence making money off of the settlement, which would be more to there liking.

Of course it is also about money. Making from alleged damages through fakes but people who buy fakes cant afford the original, and also about making money about idiots with too much money who can be ripped off in exclusive boutiques or wherever this muck is sold.

Just look at champagne. A nice protected little number, until there isnt enough to satisfy the market so they decide to enlarge the area which can be called 'Champagne'. Just to make money.

I do not agree with restrictive markets for these so caller 'designer' articles, but banning bona fide sellers from selling them is not an answer.

The manufacturers of this 'pretentious tat' prostituted themselves by outsourcing production to the far east where, surprise surprise, counterfeiting was already endemic so what do they do, hand the counterfeiters the coup de gras of access to the original production line.

Of course if something is sold as genuine but turns out to be fake well that's wrong but at the same time it's always a case of caveat emptor and if I were ever contemplating spending good money on such things (unlikely in the extreme!) then I would want a personal assurance from the seller that it was genuine, and crucially, verfiable contact information for them to ensure accountability.

It that were not forthcoming then I would simply not buy.

It's that easy.

My personal philosophy on fakes is that 99.99% of people who buy them would never in a million years go out and buy the real stuff anyway so where is the loss. On the contrary, free  advertising init ? [;-)]

Fake or otherwise I would never buy them myself for any reason, I don't feel the need to be seen wearing or carrying these things.

[quote user="woolybananasbrother"]ebay is egalitarian and so good… [/quote]I am surprised to learn this. 

The last time I glanced at the matter it appeared to be public company, run for profit by a board of directors with the characteristic objective of supplying its shareholders with regular and fat dividends, and extending to them the attractive possibility of lucrative capital gains. 

I recently had the pleasing experience of buying a large mid C17th engraving (of St Gengulphus, as it happens) through the good offices of this company.  I am delighted to say that despite the flagrantly elitist nature of the purchase (revolutionary squeals heard off-stage), the provisions safeguarding authenticity were in this case effective and appreciated. 

[quote user="woolybananasbrother"]And represent the ultimate failure of the French Revolution. [/quote]I am pleased to hear that it has failed.  Though I would see its failure more eloquently expressed in the essentially absolutist and  monarchical constitution of the Fifth Republic.

Let us not speak disparagingly of the makers of guillotines.

One of the great benefits of the French Revolution was to allow the common people to share privileges  -  such as decapitation  -  previously enjoyed only by the aristocracy.