Question for ladies who excersie ...

.... can anybody recommend a good home workout DVD.  For those aimed at those not skinny and used to too much excersise!

I was thinking of getting the DVD from the girl in Steps but the music put me off!  And some reveiws that said you need to be really pretty fit to even attempt it.

So, any suggestions please?

Thanks [:)]

[quote user="chocccie"]
.... can anybody recommend a good home workout DVD.  For those aimed at those not skinny and used to too much excersise!

I was thinking of getting the DVD from the girl in Steps but the music put me off!  And some reveiws that said you need to be really pretty fit to even attempt it.

So, any suggestions please?

Thanks [:)]
[/quote]

Gardening, log splitting and shifting, building raised beds, or just walk up and down the sand dunes if you are near the beach.And stop drinking[:$]

Well Rosemary Conley,( I know, very out of date for the slender lycra-clad exercisers of today) does it for me , so to speak..She speaks to me gently, doesn't hassle me too much or go bursting into intricate steps that I can't keep up with... But bounding and bouncing around to stuff like Raindrops keep falling"( how old is that!) two or three times a week with Rosemary telling you exactly which muscles to concentrate on does seem to work, especially in the winter when the walking or biking aren't so attractive.

I've got several of her workouts like Fat Attack and Complete Fitness and more recently, Shape up and Salsa- I think she's great- but then it's like horses for courses, or wobblers for workouts, one woman's meat ,or salad leaf  perhaps,etc...

If you are interested there are loads of her dvds etc on Amazon and EBay

Good clean fun anyway..

How about a stepping machine?  I bought one on line and it's really great.  It's b a l l s achingly boring so I do it in front of the television.  Next week I'll be stepping and watching the final series of 'Urgences' so I don't feel the pain.  It's a great cardio workout and in addition, I'm building up nice leg muscles[Www] ready for my  800Kpilgrimage with Sweet dix sept next year!

Hey there, Jen, I think you're already streets ahead of me in the fitness stakes!

What I would really, really like is a Concept II rowing machine but, alas, I don't have the room in my house for one.

I do think all exercise machines are repetitive and boring but there's nothing to replace them for when the weather's bad and you don't feel like exercising outdoors and they do make you feel very virtuous when you see how many calories you've burnt (except that then I feel I have earned a nice big piece of cake or an extra glass of something)[6]