Thunderstorms warning

Sorry to hear of some damage from the storm.....I am yet to see one ...South Vendee while I have been there seems to miss them ...Been there over 2 months this year already and seen some lightening and heard  rumbles of thunder Torrents other parts of France seem to get  passed us by..My place has a new roof thankfully so I am not in fear of one of these storms  ...Perhaps the Vendee micro climate thing people talk about actually protects us  ?.

[quote user="Frederick"]

My place has a new roof thankfully so I am not in fear of one of these storms 

[/quote]

Ours had a new roof too - doesn't make any difference if the storm causes something sizeable to crash onto it!!

[quote user="Frederick"]
   Sorry to hear of some damage from the storm.....I am yet to see one ...South Vendee while I have been there seems to miss them ...Been there over 2 months this year already and seen some lightening and heard  rumbles of thunder Torrents other parts of France seem to get  passed us by..My place has a new roof thankfully so I am not in fear of one of these storms  ...Perhaps the Vendee micro climate thing people talk about actually protects us  ?.
[/quote]

I'm the same as I seem to be in a basin and the storms go round, I only get them if the come down the hill from my commune

[quote user="teapot"][quote user="Frenchie"]

Ame, sorry about that roof, but hey, you re still here with us..

You also have my virtual support.

[/quote]

My song last night Frenchie????????? [blink]

[/quote]

Indeed....................................................................... [:-))]

[quote user="Frenchie"]Unfortunately could not, son has a bad back following too much sport I guess, and his dad could not watch him, so .. I'm on mum's duty...[/quote]

Poor thing!

Hope he's well soon! The concert went well - it started raining the minute they stepped off stage!

It has been quite windy all day long but the wind speed has suddenly gone up a couple of notches.

We've had a brief power cut and I can hear next door's corrugated roofing sheets tapping madly against the battens... [:'(]

I hope the paying guests, a group of 5 Belgian students, have collected their inflatable pool toys off the grass, 'cause I'm quite sure they won't be tomorrow! [:-))]

Last week's widely predicted storms didn't arrive here until last night, when they were spectacular. We had a very hot dry wind in the afternoon, then about half past midnight paparazzi-like lightening and rumbles of thunder that seemed to shake the rafters. At least the potager won't need watering to-day!

FairyNuff