'Green' McDonald's

Careful about knocking the sandwiches................one of my BiLs is the Development Chef for thr supplier (he was Michelin 1 star)[:D]

They are rubbish, but not his fault. That's how the French like them.

Twice a year he visits the UK to raid the sandwich shelves of the supermatkets for new recipies. He must have the easiest job of anyone I know.............and it pays serious money[:D]

Motorway grub is a pale shadow of its former self, and damned expensive too!  On the péage to Carpentras I paid Euro15 for a pretty poor baguette and fries with a soft drink for two and felt hard done by.

Our McDonalds here in Brighton have been painted green for over a year, and when I was working in La Défense years ago I remember McDonalds HQ trying to buy back the Parisien franchise but the guy was making so much money he wouldn't give it up!

Our largest nearest town - Limoges has a new retail park nearing completion - I read somewhere that Kentucky Fried Chicken are supposed to be going in there - are there anymore KFC'S out there, havent seen any before

Just noticed Tony in Brighton, not far from me, Uckfield

We used to live in Maresfield Park!

Moved around a bit since then (that was the 80s) and have ended up here in sunny Brighton by the sea.  I've being trying to persuade my wife to move to France for more than 20 years and have thus far failed, but she has now graciously agreed to a house here and one in France.  Success!

Pre Jordan aka Katie Price then Tony. Glad to hear you have persuaded your wife to divide time between France/Uk, precisely what we do, we have owned our french place for 10 years, its out bolthole, hope to spend more and more time there as work/life allows.