Just a word of warning

EEk! And in this weather, as well! Still, it does work both ways. We once had a (male) au pair who arrived with us and shortly thereafter went for a trim at the barber's. Only he came back with a buzz-cut. "I don't understand" he said (I HAD, in my defence, offered to go with him) "I say to barber, I just want a little hair". [:D]. I think him being Czech and the barber being Moroccan may have been an impediment to clear communication, though.

[quote user="Mr Coeur de Lion"]All I can say is, thank god I didn't go that far. I currently have what's normally referred to as a number 1 (being 1/8" inch). I wanted a number 3 (3/8"). Of course, they thought these numbers referred to sizes in millimetres.[/quote]

Been there done that got the T shirt!

I remember when I was young and asked for a Tony Curtis haircut, before I realised he had shaved my head, I told the guy that Tony Curtis does not have a bald head and he said "yes he does, I am a great fan, I have seen all his films, my favorite is The King and I" [;-)]

Same mistake with a Bolivian barber so I should have known better in France.

I cut my own now but reckon my neckline must be pretty appalling as I dont have a second mirror.

Richard, how come it took you so long to get caught out, have you been letting your hair grow since coming to France?