DSK, can we believe this?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="Rabbie"][quote user="pachapapa"]

I am not sure what "oxymoron " means 

[/quote]Try using a good English dictionary[:D]. A man of your erudition should have one easily accessible.[/quote]

Pedantically drawn from the keyboard to the library to check my 1978 edition of Collins Concise English Dictionary, wait for it, I find to my stupefaction on page 536 an entry for oxymoron.

I quote, " a figure of speech in which contradictory ideas or terms are combined" ( Ex: sweet sorrow).

And the plural is oxymora!

Perhaps that is what is meant; the multiplicity of each individual Justice System in each individual state constituting the United States of America.[I]

So PPP thinks, now would that be an example of an oxymoron or oxymora?[8-)]

[quote user="pachapapa"]

[quote user="The Riff-Raff Element"]I know that "American justice" is a bit of an oxymoron, but I'm astounded that the prime witness in a case that is both sub judice and a bit wobbly is allowed anywhere near the media at this stage. In many other jurisdictions she'd now be facing contempt charges, wouldn't she?

What a bloody circus.

[/quote]

I am astounded at your moderate plagiarism of the big fat ugly lawyers " unseemly circus" epithet but presumably you consider the insertion of swear words to be relevant or am I mistaken in that the "b" word is actually a synergistic replacement for your apparent inability to punctuate with an exclamation mark.

[/quote]

So would that be a "yes" or a "no" to the question? That's the bit in the original post I made just preceding the "?"  [kiss]

[quote user="pachapapa"]

Glad to see the District Attorney is not throwing a sponge in the ring; even when faced with a difficult case involving a short, fat, ugly accused and a short, fat, ugly lawyer.[:D]

[/quote]

I don't think that DSK is ugly, au contraire, I think that he is a rather nice looking. Good job that we all have different tastes. I am certainly not talking about the 'man' but his appearance, if I didn't know who he was  that is honestly what I would think, ' a very pleasant looking mature man'.

[quote user="sweet 17"]Come on, Pacha, ONE of those adjectives must surely describe you?[:D][:P][/quote]

PPP in uniform, but who are the other two?[;-)]

[IMG]http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk244/pachapapa/vlcsnap-2011-07-27-17h21m47s247.png[/IMG]

[:D][quote user="sweet 17"]

Pacha, I'm not so keen on the barbe!

Don't they say that a kiss on the lips is worth two in the bush or something like that?

[/quote]

No stress.

Straight from location to the 3rd day of St Fermin in Pamplona and a quick shave.

Didn't want to frighten the bulls!

Fantastic! 1499 extras recruited from the Spanish army, and 1 Englishman!
Obviously with a speaking part, also a member of the prestigious Screen Actors Guild as well!

Although the numerics suggested fierce competition I am happy IIRC to say my animal magnetism and seductive skills learned whilst qualifying for the Screen Actors Guild turned up trumps.[:P]

One interesting thing: we haven't yet heard of DSK's love children. Surely he might have begotten a few, over the years??? Someone even suggested (can't remember where I read this fascinating piece of "information") that Tristane Banon might be his natural daughter. [:-))]

[quote user="5-element"]One interesting thing: we haven't yet heard of DSK's love children. Surely he might have begotten a few, over the years??? Someone even suggested (can't remember where I read this fascinating piece of "information") that Tristane Banon might be his natural daughter. [:-))][/quote]

I nearly lost my lunch when I read that. NOW that would be truly disgusting.