France as it really is?

Well, the articles concentrate on the "bad" side of France alone, and don't really show the context of the "bad" side of the alternatives elsewhere, but then again, the articles aren't intended to. I wouldn't argue with much that she has written.

She expresses herself superbly in her second language doesnt she!

If only I were half, no lets make that a quarter, as good in my mother tongue.

I really liked the concluding paragraph:

“This president has no idea that there is a wide world outside France; he has hardly travelled abroad; he speaks no other language; and he has no curiosity. Eventually, you get tired of waiting for our rulers to wake up.”

Nothing will change in France till the stupid employment laws are changed. and before any explodes with left wing indignation, I don't mean that the employers should have the right to abuse workers, just sensible things like the right to get rid of anybody who isn't capable of doing what they said they could at the interview. As for  French  protectionist schemes, don't they realise that a profit is a profit no matter where the product is made or raised, and that as long as the product is well made and good value then customer and seller benefit. Also then the French makers of sub standard or over priced goods might be persuaded to get their act together and improve their work ethic and find that competition isn't necessarily a bad thing. Unfortunately it will never happen, the French "culture" is too deeply ingrained to be changed.

I don't know really why I 'm worried as being a holiday home and part time resident I get the best out of this country and dodge most of the rubbish. I suppose because I like the French and I'm sad to see them being hampered by old fashioned ideals, after all this country has great history of innovation and expertise and they still do; it just seems they can't promote it in France, that is why they go abroad.