Summer Time Reminder

Clair

This is going to sound terribly pedantic and it probably affects nobody but the change occurs at 01h00 in the UK. Yes, I know we're a French forum but a lot of us are still based in Britain. I will consider my work done if I save just one person who has promised to be home from the pub by two o'clock!

[quote user="michelin79"]This is going to sound terribly pedantic and it probably affects nobody but the change occurs at 01h00 in the UK. Yes, I know we're a French forum but a lot of us are still based in Britain. I will consider my work done if I save just one person who has promised to be home from the pub by two o'clock![/quote]

Woah....possibly a need to up the dosage michelin79?

Strewth.....

Chiefluvvie :-)

Clair, I'm sorry if I posted inappropriately. I did try to do it in a totally uncritical way so that no-one would be upset. I wasn't trying to suggest that you failed to impart the correct or full information.

I was merely suggesting some additional information. IIRC we always used to change at 02h00 in the UK (and presumably at 03h00 in France). So, as I said, if I helped just one person, then I am pleased.

Chiefluvvie, I'm afraid I don't quite understand your post. Could you possibly expand?

[quote user="Pierre ZFP"]Actually I found your post amusing, but returning from the pub at 0100 or 0200 would make no difference.  I'd still get an earful  [B][/quote]

I, too, found the post amusing and also yours, Pierre, as you didn't come across as the hen-pecked type?[:P] (with apologies to Mrs ZFP, just joking and not being unPC or un-anything else)

[quote user="michelin79"]

Clair, I'm sorry if I posted inappropriately. I did try to do it in a totally uncritical way so that no-one would be upset. I wasn't trying to suggest that you failed to impart the correct or full information.

I was merely suggesting some additional information. IIRC we always used to change at 02h00 in the UK (and presumably at 03h00 in France). So, as I said, if I helped just one person, then I am pleased.

Chiefluvvie, I'm afraid I don't quite understand your post. Could you possibly expand?

[/quote]

ROFL - why am I not surprised?! It really doesn't matter michelin79 - my acerbic whit was wasted...but never mind.

Thank goodness I work in UTC....

[quote user="Chiefluvvie"][quote user="michelin79"]

[/quote] ROFL - why am I not surprised?! It really doesn't matter michelin79 - my acerbic whit was wasted...but never mind. Thank goodness I work in UTC.... Chiefluvvie :-)[/quote]Cl, you may think you are a whit or a wit and you are only half right[:D]

:-) Come on boys I'm sure you can do better than that!?

Anyway, as we know, Spring is just around the corner and no doubt you're getting ready to pop down to the property in 'La Belle France'. I do so hope the grass isn't too long....or maybe you have a 'local' to help you out?

Time to dig out your beige chinos, blue blazer with the gold buttons and dust off that lovely Panama hat. Oh, and don't forget the deck shoes.

Make sure your AA (or RAC?) European Assistance insurance is still valid (does so help to speak to someone in English) and remember to book 'Club Class' on the ferry - such a wheeze.

Stock up well with luxury UK toilet rolls, baked beans and back bacon - enough to get you through the 'season' (or less than 183 days) anyway.

And finally of course - your new Jodrell Bank sized satellite dish!

Bon voyage !

You have me banged to rights.[:D] Having spent the last several days in France, there I was in my gold-buttoned blazer and deck shoes in the garden in the p***ing rain and mud, pulling out the weeds (myself) and making sure that the edges of the grass were trimmed (by hand, because my strimmer just ate its own motor) in time for my neighbour ("local") to pop round when their ride-on comes back from its service and mow the grass. At their insistance, because they're nice like that.

Once I realised that beige chinos and a blazer were useless, I took a break to watch the telly, brought to me by the magic of a satellite dish the size of a dinner plate, before slipping into my wellies, a pair of 15-year-old Wranglers and a jumper I bought from Emmaus along with two shirts and another jumper for the princely sum of €8 the batch, and pressing on with the gardening.

I hate baked beans, and in any case I flew to France, making carrying them impossible, unless and until they start selling them in WH Smith at Stansted. In which case I will still probably give them a swerve. As it was, I restricted myself to keeping my luggage down to just the one pair of extra-thick socks. I'll cop for the bacon, though. Lidl sell something approximating it, but although it tastes pretty OK, it smells a bit like dead people whilst frying.

Betty, how'd you know what dead people smell like whilst frying? [:-))]

Good job that, whilst I do like bacon, I don't miss it badly enough to go out and look for it.

Meanwhile, there were some folk in a village not too far from us who commited a cannabalistic act back in, I think, around 1870s.  There's a book about it, if only I could remember what it's called[:$]  The village's name is Hautefaye and I think the incident has gone down in history as le crime de Hautefaye.

Edit:  OK, I have the name of the book now.  It's called "Mangez-le si vous voulez" and it's by Jean Teulé.  You might prefer it to the smell of frying bacon?