• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mods, let's have a new start eh!

I don't quite get what you wrote

about me Spyder, it was the 'and' before the 'I thought' that I am

questioning........ for the record though, my OH reproaches me for those

times when I am not forgiving (doesn't happen often). And to clarify that, it depends on the

circumstances.

My good side is that I am happiest when I am

being helpful and kind and making sure that all is as well as it can be

for those around me.

My bad side is that if someone crosses a

final line or crosses me badly, then the person concerned can rot for

all eternity. I've been told that I have ended up cutting my nose to

spite my face, but frankly if someone has acted that badly towards me or

someone I care for, I don't mind wearing a few battle scars.

The use of the 'and' though is no more than me simply not quite understanding and nothing more!

FE- well have tried to log on yet again for five days now, even left the PC page open all day and nothing so will not be returning I don't think. Have always been on this site albeit not a prolific poster these days with so much going on in the real world. FE changing their setup has sounded the death knoll I think as it runs slower than a clockwork train.

It's a nightmare, isn't it, Val?  I'm not getting email notifications anymore and nobody can find out why.  Even though I've still occasionally managed to post, no notifications kills it for me as no way can I cope with the slowness of the only other option of checking 'active topics' and then trying to go through the list trying to remember what threads I've posted on and whether I've seen the reply of the last person who posted on it.

Well I keep getting notifications from FE regarding questions posed but cannot help as I cannot log on anymore. I did get on there for the first time since they changed just over a week ago now and that took five days before it would clear me and because we had a power surge again and the PC shut down, I lost my automatic login and have not been able to get on again for over six days now. To be honest I had a look at the threads and there is hardly anything new. I think there are lots of us from this forum who also went there and no way would I go on the local AI, that really is a nasty place now with stupid questions you only have to google to find out and then those who respond are adamant they are correct even if the official info is totally different. Its true if you tinker with something that is working well, you only end up breaking it.

[quote user="Val_2"]Well I keep getting notifications from FE regarding questions posed but cannot help as I cannot log on anymore. I did get on there for the first time since they changed just over a week ago now and that took five days before it would clear me and because we had a power surge again and the PC shut down, I lost my automatic login and have not been able to get on again for over six days now. To be honest I had a look at the threads and there is hardly anything new. I think there are lots of us from this forum who also went there and no way would I go on the local AI, that really is a nasty place now with stupid questions you only have to google to find out and then those who respond are adamant they are correct even if the official info is totally different. Its true if you tinker with something that is working well, you only end up breaking it.[/quote]

Val, do you have any examples of the "nasty place with stupid questions" on FE, now?

I would agree it got a bit like that but, since the change (perhaps not unentirely unconnected?!), it seems to have lost the idiots.

S.

(still on FE and here)

Thats correct, AI not FE and I don't want to start a forum war on here, its the only sane place I can go to now.

Richards - I, like most forum users have not limited myself to just one site, there are dozens of members on this forum who also post on many others that I know from cyberspace and sometimes, some forums seem to dry up with lack of interest and postings. I hadn't been on here for a while to post but I do log in to read threads and like most people, if I am interested in the subject I will reply where I can, otherwise I just read and decide it dosn't interest me or havenothing to say on the subject.

My all time favourite question on that other site was someone wanting to know if they could get milk here or should they bring some pints from the UK.

My husband wanted to reply at the time with something like "sorry but only the purple and white cows here that give chocolate milk, so you had better bring some with you"

If your username started with a capital letter as most did then it will no longer recognise it unless you write it all in miniscule.

i.e. "chancer" and not "Chancer"

Not sure whether the same applies to passwords.

You are not missing much thats for sure.