Referendum - postal vote arrived today

Not sure where to put this, but for those who still have a vote, our postal voting forms arrived this morning. 

Remember you need to put a stamp on it - only post paid in GB - in spite of of what it says in the instructions!

Got ours today, but with 2 envelopes - one to stick the completed forms in to and a slightly bigger 'Poste Payee' one to put the whole lot in. Presumably your previous Council omitted to provide a Post Paid in France did it Judith?

That seems in good time, Judith and Paul.

We changed our postal votes to proxy votes for the referendum as we weren't sure they would arrive in France in good time. We had to end our postal vote to do that, gave our proxy votes to our younger son, who lives nearby. We had good discussions with him and our DIL on the subject while in England; he will be voting the same way as us while our DIL will be voting the opposite way.

We have postal votes but I am not sure they'll arrive at our UK address before we go to France next week. Opting to have council send it to France could not guarantee we would receive it in time to complete and return.

Solution, will ask neighbours to check our U K mail and forward it to us asap. Fingers crossed that will work.

Seeing about the envelopes have opened mine - and there is a post paid envelope inside to use from France. There are instructions that the ballot paper must be placed inside another envelope and then this envelope placed inside the post paid one for use in France.

Surprised that they have arrived this early.

Now, do I vote REMAIN in which case the LEAVE side say my left arm will fall off or vote LEAVE in which case the REMAIN side say my right arm will fall off.

I have no faith at all in our previous council sending us the forms this early or indeed in time for us to vote.

If in say a week to 10 days and the forms do not arrive, I shall have to chase them up[:'(]

Gardian

I suspect it may be dependent on council policy - whilst the instructions say you do not need a stamp, on closer examination it does say payee Grande Bretagne, so to be absolutely sure I put a stamp on it.  Better safe than sorry I believe.

Glad to hear people are getting their postal votes. I believe it is important that everyone votes regardless of which way. I just think it is wrong that UK citizens who have lived in other EU countries for more than 15 years don't get a vote while an Australian in the UK for one year does. I also think that EU citizens who have been resident in the UK  for more than ten years should be allowed to vote. After all this decision will affect them too

[quote user="mint"]I have no faith at all in our previous council sending us the forms this early or indeed in time for us to vote.

[/quote]

When I registered OH and I to vote in the last general election (with our previous UK council) they finally sent us the voting papers 4 days after the election had taken place, papers which arrived chez nous 8 days after the election, so we didn't manage to vote at all.

What council would send out voting papers for the election after it has taken place, duh !?!

Hopefully this time it will be different/better. [:)]

Though I am not convinced.[Www]

Sue