Breaking news Presedent Holland has had enough of ALBF

Leven

After having reviewed ALBF, special advisors to Mr Holland are working on plans to reduce the tycoons property empire in the Loire. They are just about to open new centre's in the Loire to re habilitate Islamic extremists, that could well hit property prices in the region, will he end up selling up and heading south to an English enclave.

I have told everyone for years that Tours is the best city France. Quite possibly the world.

Voted as being the second best place in France to retire. The university in Tours has has been voted the best place in France to study as a foreign student. And now it leads the world in Jihadi rehabilitation.

Moreover, the Val du Loire is a UNESCO world heritage site so if it does not work out for the Jihads there are literally thousands of old historical buildings to blow up.

What a fantastic place.

My Adult Education French teacher came from Tours and was often going on about how wonderful it was.  I thought yeah, yeah - everybody in France thinks their bit is best.

Then I went there

Stunningly lovely place and surrounds, even the train station is a work of art

Pity it's so far from the sea [;-)]

Pierre said "Pity it's so far from the sea"

Funny you should say that. In between Tours and Amboise there are plenty of secluded sandy beaches along the banks of the Loire.

This year you could swim (although it is not allowed) but certainly paddle/cool down in the Loire in crystal clear water. You also can canoe or Kyack in safety. There also naturally formed lakes which are cut off from the Loire where can actually swim properly.

It is actually like being by the sea but nicer. There were no crowds. You can have a picnic, barbecue and sunbathe. Some locals where actually fishing in the Loire to cook on the barbie.

If you plonk yourself in the right place the view is to die for.

Who needs the sea ?