Makes my blood boil

idun

http://www.francetvinfo.fr/societe/societe-quand-les-femmes-sont-indesirables-dans-les-lieux-publics_1958225.html

Please watch this. These poor women, why do they have to fight, to have a normal life in France............. and it is not just France!!!

So much talk of racism, and yet misogyny, well, that is so infrequently mentioned ??????

Even the attack in Cairo today, the church with separated women who were bombed, is any religion not misogynistic????

Perhaps going the other way, in one of the UK Sunday papers is an article telling schools not to refer to young pupils as 'boys and girls' because that does not cater for the seven year old transgender pupil!

No doubt certain words will require to be changed, such as:

HIStory

HIMalayas

HERsham

perhaps they question mark will become a letter:

?tory

?alayas

?sham

So sadly, Pierre, this has been and is yet another result of government at all levels, too scared to carry through any initiative which would/will cause " racial disharmony" and upset the idiot politicians' myopic and delusional dream of a multi-cultural totally integrated Utopia.

Roy Hattersley, one of the architects of a multicultural society admitted a few years back, he was wrong. Even Trevor Phillips, who recently stepped down as head of the Equality Commission has admitted much of the commission's work and focus was wrong and instead of creating harmony, has created instability, disharmony and growing social problems.

[quote user="idun"]http://www.francetvinfo.fr/societe/societe-quand-les-femmes-sont-indesirables-dans-les-lieux-publics_1958225.html

Please watch this. These poor women, why do they have to fight, to have a normal life in France............. and it is not just France!!!

So much talk of racism, and yet misogyny, well, that is so infrequently mentioned ??????

Even the attack in Cairo today, the church with separated women who were bombed, is any religion not misogynistic????

[/quote]

Perhaps a somewhat different slant on this story, Idun......

See Here:

I don't know whether anyone watched Muslims like Us on BBC 2 last night? I thought it was interesting ..highlighting the differences within Islam, from the extremist convert to the gay Muslim, and the woman who was almost secular in her approach. In that sense it seemed very similar to Christianity, when you compare the fundamentalist Christians, with the people who put CofE as their religion but haven't been in church ever apart from weddings and funerals.

I had to think about it when I was a juror and was asked to swear an oath on the bible. I realised then that I was in no way a Christian and I might as well swear an oath on a copy of Noddy, for all the meaning it has for me. I swore an affirmation on my honour, but I was surprised how many people opted to swear on the bible but then later said they were atheists.

[quote user="lindal1000"] people who put CofE as their religion but haven't been in church ever apart from weddings and funerals. [/quote]

That will be the 4 wheeler christians then.

A pram to be christened.

A taxi to be married.

A hearse to be burried/cremated.

[quote user="lindal1000"]I don't know about women not being welcome in cafés and bars in the Parisian suburbs..Try going into a Norfolk pub as a woman on your own! Not a fun experience![/quote]

Huh!

Try going into a village pub in Wales if you are not Welsh.

Or I could take you to a pub, on an island not far from me and if you are not with a local then they utterly ignore you; they even ignore you and won't speak if you are with a local!

Listen, people can feel unwelcome in all sorts of circumstances, but excluding one sex from a public place like that, no, NO!

There have been reports for years about women and girls having to cover up 'radically' in french cites, if they don't, they are at risk of being raped.

And that report in english, well, it just follows on from the french tv report.

FGM, first I heard of it was on Woman's Hour in 1979, and I could not believe what I was hearing.

And  in too many societies women's genitals are simply there to be abused, FGM, Dry Sex, horrible.

Is there anywhere where men's genitals are tortured for female pleasure????? I would dearly love to  know.

And I do know about some forms of male circumcision, that are rather more extreme, but as far as I am aware they are NOT for female pleasure.

[quote user="idun"]Listen, people can feel unwelcome in all sorts of circumstances, but excluding one sex from a public place like that, no, NO!

There have been reports for years about women and girls having to cover up 'radically' in french cites, if they don't, they are at risk of being raped.

[/quote]

Clearly, Idun, you are not following European news very much......

Young women, particularly, in Germany, Austria, Denmark and very much so Sweden, are being urged to stay indoors, not dress normally when they do venture out, and change their behaviour.

Now why on earth should they?

Mainly since supposed authority has lost control; completely.

Sadly, European governments and idiot politicians, failed to carry out basic research into core cultural and behavioural differences before allowing hordes of people from totally disparate cultures to come flooding in.

A majority of Muslim males regards women as objects and possessions: indeed, under Sharia, there can be no such thing as rape within marriage. Often, a young woman who has been gang-raped, is then accused of adultery; and in rural parts of Pakistan can then be stoned to death for her "Sin"!!

In Iran under the Ayatollah's fundamentalist Sharia, any young woman who was accused of a range of crimes, speaking out against subjugation, etc, was sentenced to death. Hold on! problem here under Quran. Cannot kill a virgin. No problem;  a nice gang rape by prison warders and then a "Marriage" to one of the warders and then off to the crane!

(n.b. They used and use very high construction cranes for hanging, so the victim asphyxiates, slowly, rather than their neck break. and hung high - they auto-evacuate, as they lose control of their sphincter - and the dangling dying body is intended as a sovereign lesson to any others who might seek to challenge the sainted leaders.)

I am aware of these things in other european countries, but I do watch french news just about every day, and stuck with that.

I know about Iran too.

I am aware of much that happens all over the world too and we are going backwards........ [:(]

[quote user="lindal1000"] FGM is now illegal in virtually all countries and yes it still happens but campaigns and publicity are ensuring that it happens less and less.[/quote]

Really?

See here:

BBC and others just yesterday...

[quote]I think bad things have always gone on but modern communication means we can read about it from our living room[/quote]

Of course mankind's inhumanity to man has been part of societies since time immemorial. And more so once early man became gregarious.

However, there is no denying a recent epidemic of rape and sexual assault in certain European nation states.

One can, of course, do an ostrich and continue to believe in some cosy utopian idyll, however,

See Here:

GS wrote:

One can, of course, do an ostrich and continue to believe in some cosy utopian idyll, however,

See Here:

Or of course you can take a newspaper's statistics drawn from wherever to create a shocking report without any verification or comparison

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vergewaltigung

indicates that in 2015 there were

46081 cases of rape and sexual assault in Germany.

If we take the news report numbers of 160 cases in two months this would suggest 960 cases due to migrants in one year. Since February is a short month I am happy to use 1000 as the base number - which makes the sums easier.

The Turkish and migrant population of Germany represents 5% of the total population, so on that basis we might expect around 20000 cases of rape and sexual assault as the annual total.

So who is causing the extra 26081 cases?

There are lies, damn lies and statistics - but then there are statistics depicted by the media.

I will politely suggest that those who believe the last case at face value are more the ostrich.

[quote user="Hoddy"]It's quite simple really. You cannot spend your life telling your daughters that the worst thing they can be is 'westernised' and then expect your sons to treat western women with respect.[/quote]

Quite agree, Hoddy.

Unfortunately, I fear it is rather worse than simply that.

Certain people continue to treat Western women as they have at home. And, clearly, women are very much second class objects, in those cultures. In fact worse, they are possessions.

For Example:

All lies?

Not at all, and what has happened, and is happening is terrible and needs to be trodden on hard.

BUT to blame migrants (even long term immigrants) and suggest that they are the root cause of sexual attacks would seem to be both wrong and I would suggest dangerous. To suggest that your daughter should beware of men with "southern complexions" would lead them to be roughly twice as vulnerable in the hands of a North European - based on the numbers I extracted.

From all reports Cologne certainly happened - but how many women ended up in the same situation on the same night at the hands of a European? Number not recorded/collated due to a lack of good story perhaps.