Boris

idun

I have said before that I would not wish this virus on anybody, and I wish him well in his recovery.

That said there are many other people suffering in the same situation, not least because of decisions that have been made by the party that he leads.

They will not get the attention,  and possibly not the quality of care, 

that  Mr Johnson will receive, so I keep most of my sympathy for them.

I’m not a fan of his, but I wish him all the very best and a swift recovery - what a shock it was to hear that he had gone into intensive care, despite him being fit, as many who know him say.

There seems to be a pattern - deterioration after 9/10 days leading to needing intensive care, onto a ventilator and if not young and/or fit, the next step seems to be, sadly, multiple organ failure.

His poor fiancée must be so very worried.

PaulT

Nice one!

And how could they be sure of their identity?

Am I alone in thinking that it is an unsatisfactory state of affairs when the man in charge goes sick in the middle of a crisis ( and failed to carry out the simple task of nominating a deputy)?

There is, of course, a hierarchy, with Raab next in line, followed by the Chancellor of the Exchequer. However, it might be refreshing to see the Cabinet working collectively, taking it in turns to show their faces.

Whichever, the Prime Minister must take the time to recover before he assumes the reins of power again, so that he may reign long and well, beloved by his people, cheered in the streets and showered with honours and respect by world leaders who come to sit at his feet and seek wisdom!

Raab, limited powers, well, perhaps, but frankly if the worst had happened it would have been sorted at a great rate of knots.

Remember Blair used to leave John Prescott in charge, is it really any worse now?